New action from Defiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New action from Defiance

In keeping with the theme of sharing all of the cool stuff with you guys first, I'm posting this

A bunch of you probably knew this was coming, but some might not have. Defiance announced a new light weight action earlier in the year. The thing that really made this interesting news is the fact that they said they were sticking to stainless instead of titanium. Not exactly the normal path most other makers are following. They were kind enough to send us what may be the first sample of this thing in the wild......and we're all extremely impressed. Our sample weighs in at 20 ounces all in(action, bolt, rail).

That's pretty impressive for a stainless action! They were extremely creative in where they chose to remove the weight. Most areas are well hidden and far enough from critical areas as to maintain strength and rigidity where it is needed. Maybe the coolest feature of all is that by avoiding Ti construction, they were able to avoid Ti pricing! This thing will retail around $1,000. Pretty awesome for a true light weight action with Defiance level fit and tolerances. We'll be launching a whole new line on it in the next few days that will look real familiar to many of you

Looks pretty cool

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Oh my!!! Gonna have to find a void in my other calibers for one of these actions.

Comment

Very cool. Making it hard not to pick up the phone and build a new rifle.

Comment

Looks like a modified and scalloped Rebel with the sheep port (weight 24 ozs.). I can see 6 places where weight/metal was removed from the action to come in at under 21 ozs. - very impressive build Robert.

Glenn definitely knows what he's doing and been around a long time. I own 2 of his Nesika Bay actions (Poulsboro, WA) and they are first class, precision benchrest quality. From his fiasco with Dakota, to Phoenix Machine, to Defiance, I support that dude 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              In keeping with the theme of sharing all of the cool stuff with you guys first, I'm posting this

A bunch of you probably knew this was coming, but some might not have. Defiance announced a new light weight action earlier in the year. The thing that really made this interesting news is the fact that they said they were sticking to stainless instead of titanium. Not exactly the normal path most other makers are following. They were kind enough to send us what may be the first sample of this thing in the wild......and we're all extremely impressed. Our sample weighs in at 20 ounces all in(action, bolt, rail).

That's pretty impressive for a stainless action! They were extremely creative in where they chose to remove the weight. Most areas are well hidden and far enough from critical areas as to maintain strength and rigidity where it is needed. Maybe the coolest feature of all is that by avoiding Ti construction, they were able to avoid Ti pricing! This thing will retail around $1,000. Pretty awesome for a true light weight action with Defiance level fit and tolerances. We'll be launching a whole new line on it in the next few days that will look real familiar to many of you

2021 build?

Too soon? [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like the nifty name...

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Looks like a modified and scalloped Rebel with the sheep port (weight 24 ozs.). I can see 6 places where weight/metal was removed from the action to come in at under 21 ozs. - very impressive build Robert.

Glenn definitely knows what he's doing and been around a long time. I own 2 of his Nesika Bay actions (Poulsboro, WA) and they are first class, precision benchrest quality. From his fiasco with Dakota, to Phoenix Machine, to Defiance, I support that dude 100%

The stuff you don't see immediately is what I find the most interesting. Didn't get a pic of the integral lug, but it is skeletonized. Did get some bolt pics, though Completely redesigned fire control, hollow knob and handle and some material removed from the handle strap. It's easy enough to take some weight off the action body, but I sure didn't expect the level of effort they put into the bolt. I'm impressed! They get extra points for the clever name, too.

Comment

Robert- I hemmed and hawed about this years build just to bail like a loser....

That being said when will these puppies be hitting the shelves? I am thinking I need to make up for my flaking from this years build. I can see next years group build going heavy...

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Robert- I hemmed and hawed about this years build just to bail like a loser....

That being said when will these puppies be hitting the shelves? I am thinking I need to make up for my flaking from this years build. I can see next years group build going heavy...

Looking like late June/early July. We have a pretty good initial order in place. Given the positive feedback we got from last year's TBH build, and all of the other Proof/AG Alpine Hunter builds we've done since then, this action just seems like a natural fit for that platform. So that's the direction we took with this sample. 6lbs 8oz and balanced well enough it feels like 5. I think this one is going to become a regular part of the lineup!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        2021 build?

Too soon? [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Who can know? It's one more thing to vote on

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          The stuff you don't see immediately is what I find the most interesting. Didn't get a pic of the integral lug, but it is skeletonized. Did get some bolt pics, though Completely
                          1. L side rear of action
                          2. R side rear of action
                          3. Deeper/wider bolt body flutes
                          4. Skeletonized recoil lug*
                          5. Hollowed bolt knob*
                          6. Metal relieved from where trigger is installed*

and the bolt shroud appears to have been slightly modified

* based on action pictures observed on web sight

Is the firing pin body fluted like a Gre’Tan firing pin ?

Is the firing pin hole .062” ?

This new Defiance action is a game changer and will rival Melvin Forbes ULA20 action

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-28-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I'm been wanting one of these so bad I can't stand it since introduced at SHOT.

If I have a job next year we'll be talking.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

This baby with a new Bartlein #4 B Sporter carbon barrel for next years build please? Thank you haha

Comment

Working...
                              X