No announcement yet.

Educate me- led shop lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted primelights, as suggested above. They recommended 4 lights in my standard residential garage. About $300 for the 3 bulb fixtures. I will report back when received and installed.

Thanks for starting this thread...something else I forgot I needed until it was discussed on TBH.

Comment

You’re welcome. I await your report !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed lights this weekend. Removed my old can lights and mounted these to the surface. Wow! I am glad I went with their suggestion of 4 fixtures with 3 lamps per fixture. They give great light.

I have a regular 2 car garage with 8' ceiling. My wife says she can do her projects now as if she had full sun shining in.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

JayB- can I ask what those lights cost? The housings look like metal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            JayB- can I ask what those lights cost? The housings look like metal?

Bill these were about $75 each. The housing is metal and the tubes are plastic and contain the LED. They delivered very fast. I would submit your space measurements so they can give you suggestions on # of lamps and quantity of light.

Comment

Our checked with our builder (and son) who has these in his shop. He is really happy with the light and installation. I ordered 8.

Thanks to everybody who provided inputs. I like the vendor’s name in the upper left, too.

God bless Texas. Even if it’s a little humid!

Comment

I second PrimeLights. I just put 4 of the high bay 6 tube LED’s I’m my 30x40x14. Lights the whole place up and almost no shadows. It is BRIGHT in there. Great product and they are very good to talk with.

Comment

You said flush mount. Are you mounting these to a Traditions flat ceiling or trusses like many have posted pictures of?

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                    You said flush mount. Are you mounting these to a Traditions flat ceiling or trusses like many have posted pictures of?
                    Mine went to a traditional build flat ceiling but they can mount to a truss also, I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by wlgorman View Post
                      I dont have a pic handy. But I got UFO high bay LEDS on TBH recommendation from a previous thread from primelights.com out of austin.

30x50 building, 16' eave height, 21' peak. Primelights recommended 6 at 19k lumens each. More than enough, im super happy w them.
                      I'd love to see the picture.

I bought 8 of their UFOs based off the other thread as well. I have a 40 x 60 with 14' eave height. It's a pole barn so they will all be mounted at the 14' height equally.

Comment

I have these in garage and like them.

Comment

Good timing. I just got a 24x30x12' metal building with a 10'ft lean to on the side and 20'ft lean to along the front. I'm thinking 2 lights under each lean to and 6 in the shop? Now I got to pick the lights that are right. About 100 to choose from.[emoji51]lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Failing to heed the advise of the brethren on TBH I went with our builder’s recommended lights.

Junk.

- the cover is a milky white plastic that reduces intensity.

- very thin metal.

- color balance makes my skin look I’m embalmed at a funeral home

Good news- Amazon customer service said to return including one I installed for a full refund!

Now I need to pick them from TBH recommendations. God bless Texas.

Comment

I have installed 2 of the 6 I bought just like rascal arms recomened. As of now, I'll be keeping 4 in the box. Two of those lights are enough for half of my 30x40

Thanks @RascalArms

Comment

Working...
                              X