Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First on the scene of an accident today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about it!! Don’t keep that stuff inside. Find a good therapist, or even give me a call. I’ve been in that situation more times than I’d like to admit as a FF/Medic. We’re able to do this job because we can deal with it in a different way than most people, but we still talk about it. I’m strong in my beliefs and truly think God does everything for a reason. That’s the only way I can make it okay in my head.

Comment

Talk about it!! Don’t keep that stuff inside. Find a good therapist, or even give me a call. I’ve been in that situation more times than I’d like to admit as a FF/Medic. We’re able to do this job because we can deal with it in a different way than most people, but we still talk about it. I’m strong in my beliefs and truly think God does everything for a reason. That’s the only way I can make it okay in my head.

Comment

As a funeral director picking up for the Galveston county ME, you wouldn’t believe the stuff I’ve seen and done. People die all kinds of ways that are bad. Kids are the worse.

Comment

IT SUCKS--I had a horrible situation at my work many years ago that still haunts me and from time to time nightmares.

I managed a gold/silver shop in Dallas. I had a mother and her 17 yr old son working for us and one day they got into an argument about something. I needed to run stuff to the refinery and had only been gone about 15 when she calls me screaming so I hauled butt back and came in through the back door. Her son had taken one of the pistols sat down at her desk and pulled the trigger. we had a man cage at the front door where you had to be buzzed in while she was trying to get the door open for EMS I tried to do anything I could for her son but a glock .40 with hallow points to the temple there just wasn't anything I could do.

I can sometimes still smell it and picture it and it really screws with me. I always question if I had her run to the refinery if he wouldn't have done it.

Comment

I feel for you. I responded to an accident where a man was tearing down a 20X40 building and it fell on him. When I got there a deputy was trying to jack the building up high enough with a bumper jack to try and get him out. I started helping when a man showed up with a tractor and lifted the building up high enough for me to crawl under there and drag him out. I knew he was dead. EMTs showed up and started doing CPR and hauled him away. That was 30 years ago and I still think about it to this day.

Comment

Not a good situation at all. Glad you were able to move him away from the burning car though. Someone will appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
              X