Educate me- led shop lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once again- back to the great folks of Texas for solving a problem! God bless Texas.

We’re building our retirement home in Montana. The 30x40 garage has 1/3 as a workshop walled off.

In the garage section, I had 2 ceiling light boxes put over each vehicle. I may not need the second ones, but I wanted them wired-in now. There will be 2 in that area, and 3 third over the sink.

In the shop (13x30) I have 5 light boxes- 1 over the workbench area, and 4 others around the area, including 1 above the garage door- for when the door is closed and I want to work on some there.

What flush mount ceiling led lights to buy? I was thinking the flush mount lights sold at Costco, so I bought one. After reading the poor reviews online, I didn’t open the box and returned it.

There’s a a hundred models online- what has worked for y’all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the ones that a buddy of mine swears by. He builds metal buildings for a living. They are nice and slim so he can flush-mount them to a perlin edge and it makes for a very clean look.

Comment

I had 4 round UFO LED's as the electrician called them installed in my 30x40 shop last month and they're great! Got tired of the Florescent lights not coming on in the cold when I was trying to hook up the boat in the dark!

Comment

Thanks for posting, I needed the same help.

Comment

I retro fit the ones the same size as my old 4 foot fluorescent tubes. They put out a lot of light. No noise and no heat. I don’t think you can go wrong with the new technology LED lighting.

Comment

I dont have a pic handy. But I got UFO high bay LEDS on TBH recommendation from a previous thread from primelights.com out of austin.

30x50 building, 16' eave height, 21' peak. Primelights recommended 6 at 19k lumens each. More than enough, im super happy w them.

Comment

I have 6 high bay leds that are about 15”x15” fixtures. I think there my are 12,000 lumens each. It’s more light than I could ever need in that shop. I can’t remember the brand?

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                Thanks for posting, I needed the same help.

You’re welcome.

I was looking at the lights recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put 4 of these in my new 24 x 24 shop I am working on.you could operate in There. Got them at Home Depot.

Comment

I bought a ten pack from Amazon.. i did all the electric myself, just ran plugs up on the ceiling. These are plug ins.. i could plug 20 of them in, but the 10 light it up enough to land planes!!

5500 lumens each i believe

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                      https://www.amazon.com/Hyperikon-Vap...9314732&sr=8-3

These are the ones that a buddy of mine swears by. He builds metal buildings for a living. They are nice and slim so he can flush-mount them to a perlin edge and it makes for a very clean look.

I believe my younger brother did the same.

Comment

I went with these in my 30x50 pole barn because of the reviews on Amazon. My son and I did all the electrical plug wiring ourselves. All wired to 2 three way switches....and linkable. Easy peasy, affordable, they look nice and are crazy bright IMO.

Sunco Lighting 4 Pack Industrial LED Shop Light, 4 FT, Linkable Integrated Fixture, 40W=260W, 5000K Daylight, 4000 LM, Surface + Suspension Mount, Pull Chain, Utility Light, Garage- Energy Star https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D94M16B..._HW2UEbHC5S7QH

Comment

check out www.ruralking.com They have a large assortment of lights. Have bought about 15 from them and not 1 problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            I went with these in my 30x50 pole barn because of the reviews on Amazon. My son and I did all the electrical plug wiring ourselves. All wired to 2 three way switches....and linkable. Easy peasy, affordable, they look nice and are crazy bright IMO.

Sunco Lighting 4 Pack Industrial LED Shop Light, 4 FT, Linkable Integrated Fixture, 40W=260W, 5000K Daylight, 4000 LM, Surface + Suspension Mount, Pull Chain, Utility Light, Garage- Energy Star https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D94M16B..._HW2UEbHC5S7QH

I have a couple of the Harbor fright lights and the work great but these look better and are about the same price. and they are linkable.

Comment

(Pack of 6) Barrina LED T5 Integrated Single Fixture, 4FT, 2200lm, 4000K (Daylight Glow), 20W, Utility Shop Light, Ceiling and Under Cabinet Light, Corded Electric with Built-in ON/Off Switch
                              by INW LIGHTING
                              Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUKSZE3..._EccVEbQS7TDYR

These are great for overall light and under cabinets

Comment

Working...
                              X