Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    I just pick mine up and eat it like a hamburger

If I was to eat it like a normal person I may just choose something with a Ken Onion design.

https://youtu.be/LobamS_LeFM
    Tell us Conan, what is best in life?

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Cutco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      X2. Plus, they are not foreign made like laguiole, shun, and wusthof. Buy American.

Comment

as long as it is sharp and not serrated, I'm for it.

I use a set from Chicago cutlery that my FIL got us a few years back - they stay sharp and do the job well, and not serrated.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

I use a set from Chicago cutlery that my FIL got us a few years back - they stay sharp and do the job well, and not serrated.
          I agree if you're eating off of a cutting board or paper plate. But I don't see any straight blade maintaining an edge for long if you're using it on a ceramic (harder material) plate.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

correct! serrated knifes and steak do not go together

Comment

I really like these. They hold and edge and touch up quickly with steel.
              Allied Kenco Sales ia a butcher supply house specializing in sausage making and jerky making supplies and equipment. Our knowledge of seasoning, ingredients and sausage making techniques is extensive

If you want longer they offer more.
              Allied Kenco Sales ia a butcher supply house specializing in sausage making and jerky making supplies and equipment. Our knowledge of seasoning, ingredients and sausage making techniques is extensive
              Last edited by denimdeerslayer; 05-04-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Wusthof makes a great kitchen knife set and steak knives for a reasonable price.
                x3

Comment

I buy non serrated so easier to put edge back on. Amazon has a few to choose from without breaking the bank. I hang them on a magnet knife holder in my kitchen

Comment

I have a set of Henckels, they've been good for years.

Last year, I got a set of Victorinox steak knives. They are hands down, the finest steak knives ever. Scary sharp, and hold their edge. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LRYQ2A...osi&th=1&psc=1 Not too expensive either.

My folks have a set of Wusthof, and they will not stay sharp.

Comment

Why so much hate for a serrated edge for a steak knife? We have a set of JH Henckels that are serrated. I love them.

Comment

I am a big fan of Cold Steel Kitchen knives. The edges are amazing and price to value to performance is great. Only bad part, no dishwasher because of the handles. Soft rubber.
                        Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Cold Steel Six Steak Knife Set Kitchen Classics 59KSS6Z at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Someone got us a set of cutco table knives and they’re incredibly good. They’re serrated but no sharp points on the serrations. It cuts the meat instead of ripping it. Holds up against ceramic plates unlike a straight edge. Lifetime sharpening. Though I’ve had mine for 3 years and still every bit of nice as the day I got them. Mine go in the dishwasher too.

Comment

Cutco...

Comment

disagree with wusthof kitchen set other thena their "tomato knife" and "gourmet super slicer" is all I care for wish I would have done more research.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                I agree if you're eating off of a cutting board or paper plate. But I don't see any straight blade maintaining an edge for long if you're using it on a ceramic (harder material) plate.
                                Usually I do cut my steak on a cutting board into slices with one of my chefs knives and then transfer to a plate in manageable slices. Still use the steak knives on the ceramic for cutting bite sized pieces, but I also sharpen my knives frequently to keep them in shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X