Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im back at it. I spent December in the gym getting my body ready to hit it hard this month after an 8 month off period. Im trying to drop 15 lbs and get my strength back. I weighed 203 last Friday and want to get down to 185-188 range which is where I had been for years prior to this layoff. I got in a full 2+ hr workout today doing shoulders, traps, cardio and stretching. I will be in the gym 4-6 times a week depending on travel schedule. I started on the Keto diet last Friday as well. It is my first time doing it so we'll see how that goes. Im also doing IF most days as well. My IF is normally 18 hrs give or take an hr. My goal is to get all 15 lbs off by the end of January. The avg weight lose for the first month on Keto is supposed to be right at 15 lbs. I figure if that works I can then just go back to eating and exercising like I have in the past to maintain my weight. With my normal eating and exercise plan I can lose about 1-1.5 lbs a week. Im hoping this is an accelerated short cut to the weight lose.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
      Dang man! Stones throw... what do you do?

I started taking Alpha T2 during the day and it really helped me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late model domestic auto. performance. Vettes, Camaros, Mopar, all that lame stuff [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Howdy, neighbors. I'm in Riverwalk with several other TBHers.

Used to live back there under an old account. Just forgot the login info. from years back so decided to restart [emoji51]

Comment

Good for yall locals having a beer after a hardcore workout

More drinks at the rehearsal dinner so..... Extra long chest and cardio in the AM! Then lots of sunglasses eye work outs at the resort pool....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Good for yall locals having a beer after a hardcore workout

More drinks at the rehearsal dinner so..... Extra long chest and cardio in the AM! Then lots of sunglasses eye work outs at the resort pool....

I’m a whiskey and coke kinda guy.. is that better? [emoji1787] Better drink lots of water by the pool, can’t have your eyes cramping up under those glasses! [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
              I’m a whiskey and coke kinda guy.. is that better? [emoji1787] Better drink lots of water by the pool, can’t have your eyes cramping up under those glasses! [emoji38]

Whoa..... Just left the pool... Eyes are strained lol Only had 4 margs before the wedding so all is well

Chest and cardio this morning for me. Limited to DB’s and a cable machine only and had a guy ask me to join in on my workout so my fat arse must be doing something right!

2500 jump ropes and finished with stairs throughout the resort and running from stair case to stair case. 71 mins for 875 cals.
              Last edited by 150class; 01-03-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Started the new year workout today. I made it one day last week, but that was all since I went tot he lease on Thursday. I love the holidays,b ut they play heck with my routine and my nutrition. I haven't gone full keto, but will greatly reduce my carb intake for sure. I'm 6'4 and 233 as of this morning. Once again I'm going to try and get my BF% down to around 12, but I'd like to keep my total body weight at or around 230. I haven't checked it, but I'm sure I'm around 16-18%. The best laid plans.....

I took it kinda light this morning and kept the reps in the 10-12 range. Legs and back supersets with some good ab work mixed in.

T-bar row/hack squat/incline situp
                Bilateral lat pulldown/prone leg curl/cable rotation
                Bent over BB row/Bilateral leg press/hanging leg raise
                Ab roller/box step-ups

Tomorrow will be chest and biceps.

Comment

I have been hitting the gym off and on since the middle of November when the doctor cleared me to start a exercise program after surgery in September. Off part has been when hunting so I am getting plenty of exercise and Thanksgiving/Christmas. On days when I was in town. Hit it this morning. Got to start somewhere.

Comment

I've got 4 months before a trip to the Bahamas.

Comment

What kind of cardio are y’all guys squeezing in? I hate it but I know it’s the only thing that will put me “in shape” [emoji854] Have a treadmill at home (and bench/squat rack, misc.), but have access to Golds Gym as well. The bicycle seems easier on my body but I never feel like it does anything for me.

Comment

In for 2020!

2020 goals: Ironman Galveston 70.3, 1:15:00 for Shadow Creek Sprint tri, do an Olympic distance tri, 4:30:00 marathon

Legs are still recovering from NYD but I did 1600yd swim and 13 mile ride over the weekend. This week easing back into training and next week will really begin to crank the volume towards April.

Comment

Made it back home from Cabo yesterday and then ran up to Dallas to pick up the dogs and meet a TBH'er for a classified deal so no gym. Today starts the new years resolutions since its the first day back home and hitting the gym this evening (duck hunted this morning).

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
                            What kind of cardio are y’all guys squeezing in? I hate it but I know it’s the only thing that will put me “in shape” [emoji854] Have a treadmill at home (and bench/squat rack, misc.), but have access to Golds Gym as well. The bicycle seems easier on my body but I never feel like it does anything for me.

I agree with the bike lacking the push I want but running right off the back if the legs or knees are know to have some pain and running is pretty stressful on those joints in general. By all means ease into running if you havent been doing much. One of the best things I have been doing is just cutting my resting times between reps down to 20-30 seconds to keep the heart rate going.
                            Also mixing in some jump rope, high knees, mountain climbers, and core in between sets to keep things moving. I also plan on mixing in swimming this year.

Comment

Said I was in for 2019, I wasn't. In for 2020 for sure. Weighed in at 190 for the Family challenge. My lowest was 155-160, highest was 220-225. Way too close to the top end again.

Comment

I’m doing orange theory fitness and really enjoy it. Deer season was rough, time to get back on the grind! Goals this year - get in best shape of life

Comment

Working...
                                X