No announcement yet.

Rate the bobcat mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its an adult cat, on a 10 scale i would rate it a seven.

Comment

Good looking mount, would give it an 8.5 out of 10. Looks kinda like a pet cat than a "wild" cat, but other than that, it turned out really good.

Comment

I agree with Trophy8.
        How about a better shot of the two whitetail in the background?��

Comment

looks pretty good

who did the work ?

Comment

I think it looks like it was well done but has been freshly shampooed and blow dried and needs to be settled back down a bit. Looks too soft and fuzzy to be real right now which should be an easy fix.

Comment

Hard to judge fairly from this one angle in the one pic. Just based on that I would say it looks pretty good. I would give it a 7. I would love to see some more pics though. There's nothing about it that looks bad but I can't say that it's great either. More pics might change my mind. Aside from the whole scale thing, I would just be happy that someone didn't mess up my cat, and delivered me a nice looking mount. Most can't say that.
              Last edited by Pineywoods; 05-24-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Work was done by Otten Bros Taxidermy out in Pipe Creek. I felt like I often see bobcat mounts with an aggressive snarl type of look, and that’s just not true to what I experienced on the hunt, so I didn’t want to mount it that way. Another factor is that I am putting it in my 4 y.o. son’s room, so I wanted to do something a bit more chill.

I appreciate all of the comments and feedback. Overall, I am pretty happy with it. Not sure how I would rate it but I think I’d go 7ish+ compared to much of what I’ve seen.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                  I think it looks like it was well done but has been freshly shampooed and blow dried and needs to be settled back down a bit. Looks too soft and fuzzy to be real right now which should be an easy fix.
                  Had it sitting on the counter and kids kept messing with the darn thing and petting it and what not. Cats got bed head. I am going to look into how to settle the hair. Is it as simple as just brushing it? I appreciate any advice anyone may have on this. Thanks!

Comment

Looks good to me. Waaaaaay better than the one I had done.

Comment

OP not knocking your Cat.

Is the new standard for Bobcat mounts to compare it to really bad ones? Shouldn't the standard for any Taxi work be in its relation to a living wild animal?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Looks good to me. Waaaaaay better than the one I had done.
                        Oh come on, yours wasn't that bad... Oh who am I kidding, that thing was the mongaloid looking meth head of the bobcat world!

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          Oh come on, yours wasn't that bad... Oh who am I kidding, that thing was the mongaloid looking meth head of the bobcat world!

Where can I see this “specimen”?

Comment

Aside from the neck/head hair being puffed up I think it's great. I'm sure you'll be able to tame the mane.

10x better than some I have seen.

Comment

It's not the worst, but it's far from the best I've seen.

Comment

Here is another idea if you are scared of the risk, what I will be doing with my furs. Cool conversation piece and gets you out of buying anything for the Mrs. for a while lol.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X