• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
    I see more deer during daylight when nights are the darkest
    You obviously don’t hunt in East Texas.

Comment

Just like fishing 3 days on either side of the full noon. You will see more deer movement 10 to 2 during a full moon. If the rut is in full swing just hunt all day.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        I hunt whenever I can and take my chances on the moon...
        Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        I hunt when I have the opportunity. All I pay attention to is the wind direction.

This

Comment

I would rather hunt a Full Moon than any other moon phase. Mid day moves are tremendous during a Full Moon. I usually target 3 days before and after a Full Moon.

One more thing about a Full Moon, it comes 14 days after a New Moon, which is a trigger for Doe to go into estrus, which takes about 10-14 days for them to come in to heat, which falls on or around a Full Moon..

One more thing, don't look so much at the phase of the moon, look at the position of the moon for deer movement.

Comment

"One more thing, don't look so much at the phase of the moon, look at the position of the moon for deer movement.[/QUOTE]
            Do you mean as in being overhead during the daytime ?

Comment

Favorite days to hunt are days 3 and 4 after the full moon in Nov, Dec and Jan. Cool(not cold) cloudy weather is a bonus.

Comment

I think it’s nothing more complicated than the fact that a full moon (as well as the few days leading up to it, as well as the few days that follow) offers the deer more light by which to see on those nights, thus, they move around more. In fact, I think probably all animals are more active around a full moon. There’s nothing metaphysical about it.

As for does collectively cycling during a full moon, again, I am doubtful the moon has anything to do with it. As with other animals (including the human kind), it is very common for the females’ cycles to naturally synchronize, and the cycle of the dominant female is what influences their timing, if that makes sense.

Comment

If the deer want corn that day they gotta come in, or the dang green jays will pick it clean. I have not noticed a big difference in deer movement on a full moon.cant kill em at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by M.LUNA View Post
                    "One more thing, don't look so much at the phase of the moon, look at the position of the moon for deer movement.
                    Do you mean as in being overhead during the daytime ?[/QUOTE]

Yes and rising or setting on the horizon.

Comment

Working...
                    X