Plexiglass or Deerview Windows ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plexiglass or Deerview Windows ????

I picked up this blind earlier this year. It is about 58" across on the inside, probably not quiet big enough to bow hunt out of. When I got the blind, all the windows were missing. I would like to go back with some type of windows. It had plexiglass windows on it before. The opening are 12"x32.5". I was thinking about building a wooden frame and using deerview 10"x28" in it, or should I just go back to plexiglass. I was thinking nothing smaller than 1/8". What is yalls opinion?? I think I'm about the same money either way.
    Attached Files

I sure like Deerview windows.

Comment

We have 1 blind with sliding plexiglass and I hate it. Noisy, and not simple to open without spooking game. They also let a lot of cold air in around the edges. But... it gets the job done and we have killed deer in the blind.

That being said , the hinged deerview tinted windows we have in our other blind are nice, quiet, easy to open, and seal out the weather. I would spend the extra on deerview if possible personally.

Comment

Deerview sure made my stand nicer. So far I haven’t had any issues with them scratching up like my old plexiglass ones did.

Best of luck no matter which way you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
          We have 1 blind with sliding plexiglass and I hate it. Noisy, and not simple to open without spooking game. They also let a lot of cold air in around the edges. But... it gets the job done and we have killed deer in the blind.

That being said , the hinged deerview tinted windows we have in our other blind are nice, quiet, easy to open, and seal out the weather. I would spend the extra on deerview if possible personally.

The deerview should come out a little cheaper, it will just the window smaller after I make a frame for it. I will be going from a 12x33 to a 9x26.

No room for sliding window. Deerview will fold in & Plexiglass will fold out

Comment

I would go deerview myself. Really nice addition to a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              I would go deerview myself. Really nice addition to a blind.
              Yes, I have used them in 2 of my previous blind builds

Comment

I only use Deerview windows in my blinds...and I had tried everything else prior to giving them a try.

Comment

I build my own. I use aluminum Screen frame from Lowes, comes in 7 foot sections for about 4.00 then the corners are 1.98 per package of four. I cut them to size these are 12x24. The plexiglass I ordered off of Amazon. 6 per package 60.00. I remove the film on one side then use goop to attach the plexi to the frame. Hinges I ordered on line from a company Global Industrial. They are about 3.00 each. I can post links for the plexi and hinges.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Texasn4ut can you post info please?

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post

This^^^^ all day long. Can't go wrong with these folks.

Comment

I have deerview in one of my blinds. I like Texasn4ut windows but I can't seem to find the time to build them.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                          Texasn4ut can you post info please?
                          I got the plexiglass on Amazon

The hinges from here.

Everything else I got at Lowes. To mount the hinges on the frame I used #8 x3/4 self tapping screws from Lowes. I use goop on the hinges then screw them down. I also use goop to secure the plexiglass to the frames. when you buy the screen frames and corners get a couple of packages of screen clips.

Here is some pictures. Have any questions let me know.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I make the window frame 2 inches larger than my opening. frames are 12x24 and my opening is 10x22

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                              I have deerview in one of my blinds. I like Texasn4ut windows but I can't seem to find the time to build them.
                              Takes about 15 minutes to build one. Get the materials and some cold brewskies go to town.

Comment

Working...
                              X