Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple of Collingsworth County coyotes. 3 litter-mates came in, only one made it back to cover. #1 got shot in the face.

IMG_4633 by , on Flickr

Comment

First kill of the season and it was a big old dominant sow. She ran all the others off the feeder including a medium size boar. She was chasing the others so much I had a hard time getting a shot on her. After about 25 yards the blood trail was massive, even I could follow it and I am red/green color blind! She went about 80 to 90 yards total. One of the few quartering away shots I have taken over the last few years. I like broadside and pass throughs, but this was the opportunity so I took it. One of the best if not the best blood trails I have ever had on a critter!

595 grain Black Eagle Carnivore at 595 grains and 19% FOC did a number on her! Along with a 125 grain Ramcat. Big hole on the entry!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1648 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	24558475

Name:	IMG_1649 (1).jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	24558476

Name:	IMG_1650 (1).jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	24558477

Name:	IMG_1651 (1).jpg
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	24558478

Name:	IMG_1652 (1).jpg
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	24558479

Name:	IMG_1653 (1).jpg
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	24558480

Name:	IMG_1654 (1).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	24558481

Comment

Nice shot Doug. That’s the way to bleed a pig.

Comment

My son and I are back in the blind. We saw way more deer driving around pulling cards and doing chores than we have from the blind. All of them were eating the small growth that has sprouted since the rains. A good freeze and that will be over.

Comment

Good shot, great hole!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

View from the blind. First time anyone has hunted here this year.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

We are back in Lubbock. We did see a very nice 3 year old 9 point with heavy pal action on both sides. He had enough mass I second guessed his age a couple of times. He gave me lots of time to look him over and I’m almost certain he is 3. If so, he has big upsides for next year and beyond. It was the toughest hunting I have ever seen on this ranch. Warm temps, full moon and new growth fought against us. I know the deer are still here. I see their tracks in the mud. Plenty of size to the tracks means big deer are around. Come on cold and rut.

Comment

Anybody hunt this weekend?

Comment

Yep. Nothing seen this AM and a young busted up 8 this evening is all��.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                          Couple of Collingsworth County coyotes. 3 litter-mates came in, only one made it back to cover. #1 got shot in the face.

IMG_4633 by , on Flickr
                          Jody is that a 224V

Comment

A little wet this morning and pretty cool. Didn’t hunt but seemed like they were moving pretty good from what I saw.

Comment

Had a good weekend east of dickens, put in a couple hunts. Saturday morning saw 7-8 different bucks mostly young promising deer. Had what looked to be a 4-5 yr old 8 I passed on which I’ll probably regret. Also saw a very big deer but never got a good look at him till he stopped on a near by hill side at about 400 yards. Hard to tell what he was but he was big and mature. Here a couple of pics including one of a young 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big boys are starting to roam a bit. Good luck fellas!

Comment

Working...
                                X