2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
    Yeah this year was my first time hearing about the 'Bait Corn' as well and was told its been around a while HA. Look it up, The Bait Corn Company. They have a variety of flavors such as persimmon, vanilla, peanut butter, red apple, green apple, and white acorn. Was told to use it as your HAND CORN so I bought some at a feed store that's in route going to my lease last week and put some out to see what happens. I bought the persimmon and it smelt really sweet. Made me wanna grab a handful myself HA.

Over the years of me pouring it out during late July thru mid September they would literally knock out a 50lb bag within a week. Now closer to October they wont hit it as hard but yet still come to it at times before they start on the corn. That's when I dump just a little out at a time. When its heavy rains it does make a mess and hardens up but I learned my lesson closer to hunting season not to dump out as much to keep it from getting ruined before they clean it out. There is such a thing as the 'Rice Bran Bag' which is kind of setup like a Pipe feeder which I will buy soon so that I can dump a whole bag during the season and not worry about the dew or weather itself if comes to pouring rain.

Can you put the rice bran in a spin feeder or will it get gummed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I here you can mix it with pea gravel to hold it together

Comment

I heard you can mix it with pea gravel for a binder

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          I heard you can mix it with pea gravel for a binder

Was waiting for that. [emoji23]

Comment

Sorry man

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
              Rice Bran seems to be the trick for my deer in my area. They'll eat the corn but will stay over the pile of rice bran I would put out next to the feeder as well. I've had bucks fighting right above the Rice Bran for two years now. Normally cost around 10-12$ for a 50lb bag. If I'm up there for a couple of days I would normally just dump about 1/4 of the bag per day depending on how hard they're hitting it. Also, I just bought some 'Bait Corn' just last week and put some of that out and see what kind of action I get with the camera. Won't know the outcome of it till next Friday morning. Cost of it was $8.49 for a 40lb bag.
              Flavored ice bran or regular?

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                These two bucks are still running together. I have pics from August till present of them together. You see one on camera, you see the other. I had them in front of me at the feeder on the 2nd but the big guy wouldn't offer me a decent shot.

Wow! Nice deer! I live not far from Montalba.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                  These two bucks are still running together. I have pics from August till present of them together. You see one on camera, you see the other. I had them in front of me at the feeder on the 2nd but the big guy wouldn't offer me a decent shot.
                  Daaaaaaa-nnnnnnng. I wish our AnCo bucks looked like that.

Comment

I am so ready for this weekend I’m having a hard time sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                      Flavored ice bran or regular?

I've used just the regular rice bran over the years till a few weeks ago I threw out peanut butter flavor. I dont see a difference on which gets hit the most. So I'll just keep with the regular rice bran.

Comment

Y'all have fun this weekend. My boys and I will be camping with the Cub Scouts...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does he make 13”? He has been like this for 2 years now.

Comment

I would say yes if the tape is pulled to the funky crook on his right side, but not sure. Look to hear what other have to say.

Comment

I’m thinking 14”+.

Comment

From the looks of this one picture that you have I would have to say yes. Over 13 but no more than 14.5? Have anymore of em?

Comment

Working...
                                X