Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I've read was 1 player walking out of locker room. I heard Stoops offered to resign after the game and Riley said no.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
      Had y’all slipped up and lost that game with that big 4th quarter lead it what have been a meltdown. Exhibit A - ATM v UCLA last season. Can you imagine the **** talking that would have gone on. This thread would have been locked down at 2:30pm last Saturday [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's not the Texas program. A loss to a highly ranked OU would have not derailed anything. This team wasn't supposed to go 11-1. They would still have been on track for 9-3, 8-4 or possibly even 10-2(doubtful).

That would have caused a fan meltdown, not a program dumpster fire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        All I've read was 1 player walking out of locker room. I heard Stoops offered to resign after the game and Riley said no.
        Obviously I was joking about turmoil.

I did see one report that said Stoops went in and cussed everyone out and one player was gonna whip his ***. They had to be seperated. Not confirmed true by any means.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-09-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Heard rumor via Twitter of defensive players in the breezeway crying and

yelling threatening to quit......but haven't seen much on it recently.
          Heard the same thing but stoops resigned during the game and riley didn't let him.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
            Nah. Not even close.
            Hey look, a rational football fan. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
              Heard the same thing but stoops resigned during the game and riley didn't let him.

That may have been at the end of the report i read. Player had to be pulled off Stoops and he said screw it.

Comment

The DC is responsible for how the defense plays. If the DL coach isn't getting it taught it's his responsibility to see that the DL coach is teaching it correctly. Same goes for the DB coach. He sees both units everyday.

Keep in mind McNeill is the interim. He's been in this very position before and the defense improved greatly with lesser talent. We will see.

Ps. Venables left because he wanted his own gig and not be co D.C.
                McNeal was DC at Tech, their defense was atrocious. Yes he’s responsible for the defense as a whole, but you’re replacing him with someone just as bad.

Venables leavin because he felt he should’ve been given the reigns to the defense and wasn’t. He should’ve been.

Comment

Don’t think this was Stoops resigning. This was Riley being forced to act now.

Supposedly Stoops stormed in locker room and was all over a certain player for something said to him in first half. Said player supposedly jumped on Stoops and a scuffle ensued. The player supposedly quit and Riley begged him to stay. Stoops supposedly offered resignation and Riley told him no, but supposedly Boren stepped in and Riley was forced to let him go.
                  Yes, there’s a lot of supposedly there, but a few friends of mine told me they heard it happened that way from someone inside the locker room.
                  Last edited by drbonner; 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Can you imagine if that was Texas that happened to at half.?

Boomer Sooner and Aggie would have been all over it.....posts upon posts..

Comment

Aggie would have been all over it.....posts upon posts..
                      Fify

Comment

Some boards would be pages upon pages of threads.

Comment

Boomer Sooner and Aggie would have been all over it.....posts upon posts..
                          No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                            McNeal was DC at Tech, their defense was atrocious. Yes he’s responsible for the defense as a whole, but you’re replacing him with someone just as bad.

Venables leavin because he felt he should’ve been given the reigns to the defense and wasn’t. He should’ve been.
                            Is that why he was offered a HC job shortly after? You really need to do some research.

Comment

I'm surprised no mention of Sam and cryler after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                I'm surprised no mention of Sam and cryler after the game.
                                I saw the short video of it, but didn't know what was said. I do know Sam doesn't mind talking trash. Been awhile since I've seen that from a quarterback in burnt orange.

Comment

Working...
                                X