Hunting with Matsuri in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
    anybody have any thoughts on shipping companies to get the animals back, or those that have used Matsuri, do they have someone?
    Van will take you to a taxidermist on your way back to the airport where you will arrange everything, either dip and pack, or have it done there. There are risks to having it done there. I had my stuff dipped and packed, and recieved all my stuff without a hitch. Everything went smooth as silk when I was there in 2015.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Van will take you to a taxidermist on your way back to the airport where you will arrange everything, either dip and pack, or have it done there. There are risks to having it done there. I had my stuff dipped and packed, and recieved all my stuff without a hitch. Everything went smooth as silk when I was there in 2015.

Bisch
      I assumed he would have someone, just hadn't asked him about that piece yet. I will probably have it shipped to my taxidermist in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by cajunguy88 View Post
        Be careful with a layover in Amsterdam if you are traveling with broadheads. Has not happened to me, but have heard of several people having them confiscated and considered contraband.

I'd research that before booking to ensure it's ok to travel through there with any type of weapon....

Good luck on your trip!
        I've heard the same think. I was told to pack BH in your checked luggage and not in your bow case. They usually won't check your luggage for them but might check your bow case.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          Awesome. Looking forward to following along. We looked at the direct flights as well. Couldn't justify spending $2500 a piece compared to $750. Would have cost my wife and I $5000 grand to both fly the direct flight.

We leave on Wednesday evening and arrive in Jburg Thursday night. Will catch the 6:30am flight to Polokwane Friday. Should be hunting Friday afternoon 6/28/19. We are planning on hunting 9 days then spending 2 nights in Krueger National Park at the end.
          Where are you staying at Krueger?

Comment

We are flying KLM. Supposedly Tuesdays are the best days to book.
            KLM flies out Houston or Dallas? I will be over there July 1st.

Comment

Where are you staying at Krueger?

I’m not sure if we have decided just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                KLM flies out Houston or Dallas? I will be over there July 1st.

Houston

Comment

I almost hunted with them once. Long story but I learned not to book airfare with a travel agent. Maybe someday I’ll try again. Good luck. In for pics.

Comment

Houston

Looks like Delta is 2500.00 round trip 1 stop at Atlanta. From San Antonio

Comment

This is about what I'm getting....United is about $2200.....KLM through Amsterdam is about $2000.

I keep watching, hoping those prices come down a little.

Comment

This is about what I'm getting....United is about $2200.....KLM through Amsterdam is about $2000.

I keep watching, hoping those prices come down a little.
                        Man we lucked out. Hope they come down for you. Like I said she found the $750 flight on a Tuesday.

Comment

I’ll be looking tomorrow. Crazy the price difference for one week later

Comment

Yes, I will keep checking as well.

Comment

I’ll be looking tomorrow. Crazy the price difference for one week later
                              Yes, I will keep checking as well.
                              My wife said she found them by using www.kayak.com.

Comment

I was able to get our flights yesterday for $1300 each, which was significantly less than I'd been able to find thus far, so I jumped on it. It will be Houston to DC to Johannesburg going over, the Johannesburg to Frankfurt to Houston coming home.

Comment

Working...
                                X