No announcement yet.

New Season - New Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toxic heads are garbage had lady client shoot buck at the ranch with crossbow and no penetration at all through shoulder blade, not humerus but scapula. the whole concept is garbage if you think of the physics

Comment

Iron Will 125 for nilgai.

Bought wides and the solids. Leaning heavily toward the solids for nilgai.

Also bought some Sevr 1.5s 125gr. I like carrying at least one Mech if it’s windy or I know I’ll be shooting beyond 30.

I’ve shot grim reaper whitetail specials for the last few years but had a high shoulder shot last year stop my arrow. It was a spine shot, but at the same time the arrow only penetrated maybe 5 inches. The buck dropped at the shot, so I probably shouldn’t worry but I’m a long draw length and shooting nearly 80lbs so I want as little to worry about as possible. Confidence is key!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        Iron Will 125 for nilgai.

Bought wides and the solids. Leaning heavily toward the solids for nilgai.

Also bought some Sevr 1.5s 125gr. I like carrying at least one Mech if it’s windy or I know I’ll be shooting beyond 30.

I’ve shot grim reaper whitetail specials for the last few years but had a high shoulder shot last year stop my arrow. It was a spine shot, but at the same time the arrow only penetrated maybe 5 inches. The buck dropped at the shot, so I probably shouldn’t worry but I’m a long draw length and shooting nearly 80lbs so I want as little to worry about as possible. Confidence is key!
        I shot my Nilgai with IW 150 wides last year from 25-30 yards. I was a little worried about the wides on something like Nilgai but it blew right through and stuck in a mesquite tree on the other side. I'm only 29" and 70 lbs and I was shooting a 560 grain arrow so I don't think you would have a problem. Even shooting the wides with a double lung shot it went almost 100 yards into the brush and was hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
          I shot my Nilgai with IW 150 wides last year from 25-30 yards. I was a little worried about the wides on something like Nilgai but it blew right through and stuck in a mesquite tree on the other side. I'm only 29" and 70 lbs and I was shooting a 560 grain arrow so I don't think you would have a problem. Even shooting the wides with a double lung shot it went almost 100 yards into the brush and was hard to find.

Awesome info.

I was gonna go the two blade single bevel route but I keep going back to my own history with 2 blade blood trails and it hasn’t been great.

I keep hearing they don’t bleed, and they dang sure don’t if you don’t get a pass through with an over the top Mech! I was running around 500gr at 290 with those.

This year is around 540 at 290.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            I’ve been really happy with the results of Ramcats as well but as someone said above, the getting in and out of quiver is kind of a pain. I’m sure there are quivers that fit them better but not the one I have currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on all mentions of Ramcat. Absolutely awesome results but too big for quiver. Solution - Ramcat single bevel replacement blades. I haven’t shot a deer with these yet but they fly exactly like reg Ramcats. And the blades are just a pinch shorter so no more quiver issues.

Ramcat Broadheads Accessories https://a.co/d/b72it34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I switched from Slick Trick Magnums 100gr to IronWill 150gr and love em!

Comment

Working...
              X