X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
      As a parent I would hope that we want to teach our kids the truth. The truth about the birth of Jesus Christ as written in the Holy Bible and being able to discern that from man's traditions that have somehow crept in over the centuries.

To be a Christian parent and teaching my kids about Christ and the bible. It would seem unfathomable to include Santa Claus and reindeer into that narrative. But yet I have done it.

I can't teach my children the truth while telling them a lie.

So did you believe in Santa as a kid? If so, was it so horrible that you don’t want your kids to believe that he is real? My parents taught me to believe Christmas was about celebrating the birth of Jesus, but Santa was also a part of the Holiday tradition as well. The 2 can be separated. My kids believe in Santa, and I love my wife and I being able to be their Santa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
        We need to start a petition to get the OP to change his handle/username to "Grinch" and update his avatar!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

As a parent I would hope that we want to teach our kids the truth. The truth about the birth of Jesus Christ as written in the Holy Bible and being able to discern that from man's traditions that have somehow crept in over the centuries.

To be a Christian parent and teaching my kids about Christ and the bible. It would seem unfathomable to include Santa Claus and reindeer into that narrative. But yet I have done it.

My brother went this route with his kids. Told them from day 1 no Santa. Kinda ****** me off, it’s not a huge deal in my opinion. I don’t think there are a bunch of people mad at their parents because they let them believe in Santa for a while as a child.

Comment

So when your kid comes to you at age 3 and ask where babies come from you give them the full birds and bees talk at 3? By your logic every question asked by your kids should be answered with absolute truth and that just doesn’t work with the evil world we live in. Unless you want them mentally scarred at a very young age.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
              So did you believe in Santa as a kid? If so, was it so horrible that you don’t want your kids to believe that he is real? My parents taught me to believe Christmas was about celebrating the birth of Jesus, but Santa was also a part of the Holiday tradition as well. The 2 can be separated. My kids believe in Santa, and I love my wife and I being able to be their Santa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              My parents never really made me believe in Santa. I always knew that they purchased the gifts. It didn't bother me one bit growing up either. I didn't get into the whole Santa thing until I married my wife.

Comment

When we let them believe or even propagate the belief in Santa Claus at Christmas time. I'm guilty of it, but it feels weird to teach my kids the importance telling the truth and honesty and then lie to them about Santa Claus.
                What do you mean there is no Santa Claus. There IS a Santa Claus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                  My kids are all jacked up now. Years of psychobabble in their future. It all goes back to them busting me moving that dang elf on the shelf. They realized it had no magical powers and mom and dad touched the poor thing and not only did that not zap him of his powers; he never had powers to begin with! They had “My parents are FRAUDS” t-shirts made and rarely leave their rooms during what was formerly known as Christmas season. Parents have sought counseling, Eastern spiritual guidance, hot yoga and chiropractic care. Sadly, nothing has worked.

Hah! Great response!

Comment

My parents never really made me believe in Santa. I always knew that they purchased the gifts. It didn't bother me one bit growing up either. I didn't get into the whole Santa thing until I married my wife.
                    Well I hope you've learned your lesson from this thread!! According to most these posts, you must be a horrible parent if you at all question going against what is considered socially normal and acceptable. You must at once conform or as one of em mentioned "find some better parents for em".

Gotta admit some these responses caught me way offguard.

Comment

Are you serious Clark?

Comment

So the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny aren’t real? Let’s just ruin all the fun for the kids these days.

Comment

My kids know that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ and also believe or have believed in Santa.

You can have it both ways.

My daughter soon to be 13 knows Santa isn’t real but plays along because she doesn’t want to spoil the fun for her brother who is soon to be 10.

Not everything is black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                            You might as well go ahead and Squash the Easter bunny, Tooth Fairy and their imagination while you at it.
                            X2

I can't imagine how some of you get through daily life.

The Santa Clause lie? You mean that deal that goes on from maybe the age of 3 up to primary school? Kids in that age range don't even know the full difference between real and fake. Heck, most of them believe Disney characters are real at that age. Yes, let's squash their dreams and imaginations and let them grow up like robots.

I agree, kids should learn the true meaning of Christmas and it is about Christ and not all about Santa and gifts. When I was a kid, we used to always go to Christmas Eve service to start the celebration. It was my Grandparents and Parents way of telling us what should come first.

Comment

While I believe in your right to raise your children in any way you see fit, I must respectfully disagree with your position.

I have a 30-year-old daughter who believed in Santa Clause for, maybe, the first six years of her life when someone else’s child told her “the truth.” She was also raised a Christian, believes in all the tenets it teaches, and, to this day, is soundly guided by them.

Today, she is a hard-working, productive member of society who believes in the rule of law, understands the importance that the in-tact nuclear family has on society, is compassionate, giving, firm, fearless, and a lover of adventure. In other words, she is very well-balanced and well-adjusted.

…and she STILL believes in Santa Claus!

Comment

My whole family (parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles) brought us up going to church, attending all the holiday services, and still celebrating the Christmas tree and Santa. I believed in Santa as a child and I didn't lose an ounce of trust in my family when I learned otherwise because I understood why they let me believe. That was part of letting me have a childhood. I just thought everyone was combining the religious background as well as the cultural side.

A question for those of you on the "keep it jesus" train - how does the date, pine tree covered in lights and ornaments, candy canes, gingerbread, and stockings translate to celebrating Jesus? After all, Jesus was in the Middle East. Do you not incorporate any of those things in December?

Comment

Working...
                                X