No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my first elk on 9/26 in New Mexico. I am already excited for another elk hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      New Mexico 2022

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
      Dam nice bull. Congrats

Comment

If any of y’all are headed to SW Montana, please take heed of this. We’re going from beautiful fall weather with temps in 70s to winter this weekend.

According to the National Weather Service:

WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON.
        WHAT...Heavy snow possible.
        Total snow accumulations of up to 10 inches below 7000 feet with 10 to 20 inches possible above 7000 feet.

WHERE...Little Belt and Highwood Mountains and Gallatin and Madison County Mountains and Centennial Mountains.
        WHEN...From late Friday night through Sunday afternoon.

Read More: Montana Says "Pow, Brah" With 20 Inches of Snow Possible | https://mooseradio.com/montana-says-...edium=referral

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
          I knew where the elk were since I had been scouting. He didn't have time to scout so I guided him to the elk that I had been seeing. No I didn't get paid. I guess you can't call it a DIY as I had did most of the work. He just pulled the trigger. That's what good friends are for.
          I like scouting for buddies. It gets me in the field. I’m going to be doing a whole lot of drone scouting this next season.

Comment

So many nice bulls taken this season so far.

Comment

Been hunting unit 34,in New Mexico, the last 5 days. Wednesday evening, I was lucky enough to get this beautiful bull!

Comment

Huge congrats, that is a beautiful bull.

Comment

Nice bull, congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                    Been hunting unit 34,in New Mexico, the last 5 days. Wednesday evening, I was lucky enough to get this beautiful bull!

Time for an avatar pic change? Congrats on a great bull. Good times!!!!

Comment

One of my favorite threads on TBH...congrats to all of the successful hunters...great bulls this year!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

Nice one, congrats!

Comment

Great bull !

Comment

I stalk this thread every year and finally get the opportunity to add to it! I was able to get it done during 2nd Rifle in CO this year and couldn’t be more grateful and excited!

Comment

How was the weather for the 2nd season? Good bull congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                                How was the weather for the 2nd season? Good bull congrats.
                                Thanks! The weather was great this year. We had highs in the 50's and lows in the 20's, but they were expecting 12-20 inches of snow and 45 mph winds the day we left. 2 years ago we got about 2 ft of snow a couple of days in and had highs in the 30's and single digit lows.

Comment

Working...
                                X