Hard Sided Bow Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Sided Bow Cases

What is everyone using as far as hard sided cases?

I need to get one for my new bow, one that is airline approved as I’ll be flying with my bow a couple times a year and can stand up to be tossed around.

I’m not exactly interested in the SKB’s that are 400-500$ as that is outrageous. I like my Boyt rifle cases I fly with and want a bow case that is just like them. I’ve been looking at the Avalon Bow Bunker and Pelican V730. Anybody have or use one of these?

I have the SKB that's rotomolded. It was like $200, and it has been great.

Comment

I’d keep my eye out for a used SKB. Lifetime warranty and from what I understand if your bow is ever damaged in one, they’ll replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
        I’d keep my eye out for a used SKB. Lifetime warranty and from what I understand if your bow is ever damaged in one, they’ll replace it.
        I like them and would love to get one but dang the new ones cost some coin

Comment

You can buy the skb plush model on line for high 200s low 300s, in my opinion they are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            I like them and would love to get one but dang the new ones cost some coin
            And that new bow didn't???!? If I was going to put it in the hands of an airline, I'd want the best money could buy! Suck it up and spend the money and you'll have it for the next bow and probably a couple more after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
              And that new bow didn't???!? If I was going to put it in the hands of an airline, I'd want the best money could buy! Suck it up and spend the money and you'll have it for the next bow and probably a couple more after that.
              Oh man. If I was going to put it in the hands of the airline I might put the case in a case. Those clowns could tear up an anvil.

Mary and I both have the SKB iSeries cases and they have served us very well. I will not hesitate to put them on a plane when the time comes.
              Last edited by TX_Kevin; 02-16-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I bought an SKB for my wife's Prima when we picked it up in October. You definitely can't go wrong with one, from our experience.

I tried to get one for my V3X when I bought it last month but I couldn't find one anywhere at the time. I ended up buying a Case Club, not sure of the model because I'm at work, and it's also very nice. It has a few features my wife's SKB doesn't have, it also came with a perforated metal container with desicant for moisture control.

Comment

The SKB Iseries are worth the money, but my traverse won't fit in one with my stabilizer setup so I went with the hunter series. The hunter series isn't waterproof and doesn't have rollers, but its a little lighter.

If you get the pro series they come with TSA locks if that matters to you.

Comment

That’s the exact case I spoke of above. Hell even it looks to be in short supply at the moment, expected delivery the back half of April!

Comment

Harbor freight...

Comment

SKB Double Bow case. Solid

Comment

Skb.

Comment

My Lakewood Bowfile case has served me well, and it made flights to Canada and South Africa, with no issues whatsoever. Plus there's plenty of room in it to pack extra clothes, as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X