Fishing at the Nueces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing at the Nueces.

Riverrat1 and I are down here with our parents for a work week. Tim ask if he could put out a couple jug lines. 2 days later no work has gotten done and I'm sore as heck. I stopped counting at 22 jug lines. We caught a 30 pound blue, several 20 pound flatheads and a 20 pound carp. Pics when I get better service.

Few pics. Headed out to rebait.

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Chunks of that carp will make fine bait for blue cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
          Chunks of that carp will make fine bait for blue cats.
          That's exactly what we did. We have that and whole live tilapia for bait.

Comment

Can't keep Tim away from the river for too long...

Comment

Looks like there breaking that new boat in!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                That's exactly what we did. We have that and whole live tilapia for bait.

Better be careful with that tilapia. I’d hate to see y’all get jammed up by the game warden bringing in an invasive species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure their catching them right out of the river their fishing. They are everywhere these days

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                    Pretty sure their catching them right out of the river their fishing. They are everywhere these days
                    Yeah we throw nets for them. Tim and I been fishing here since the 80s and this is the first time we've been able to catch them this easily. They make great bait if your going after monsters. The big ones keep the smaller Cats away and they stay alive a lot longer that small carp, gaspergoo and buffalos. The alligator gars love them though.

Comment

Jason, it sounds like you and Tim are having a blast. Great times with the family.

Comment

Nice fish, congratulations. Fishing with friends can't be beat.

Comment

Working...
                        X