No announcement yet.

New OSHA Mandate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how does OSHA prove a company isnt enforcing the mask mandate? If you have some people running around without masks because they are vaxxed, how does the average employee know if someone should be masked because they are unvaxxed? If the average employee doesnt know, there would be no reporting of the business to OSHA.

Have I mentioned Im glad Im retired?

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Corporate sent an email stating that we had to disclose our vax status and If you did not reply then you are considered Unvaxxed, so here we are..
      So what would have happened if you said I am vaccinated?

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
        He said they cant force I without offering weekly testing instead

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        So he skirted the real problem as usual..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
          The way they have acted so far has been outstanding. Not 1 word of forcing us or asking for exemptions. If the government forces them then I have no doubt that our exemptions will be rubber stamped.. Doesn't look like they will comply until the Supreme Court rules on this.. our rules were changed Friday. Opposite of what this mandate says..

There’s a few companies still holding out. I hope yours stands it’s ground. We will see how many companies defy OSHA after its fully implemented. Government can be very persuasive

Comment

Fortunately my company hasn't gone off the deep end yet. but then they also realize that when 60% of your workforce is willing to walk, that their hands are tied.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              So how does OSHA prove a company isnt enforcing the mask mandate? If you have some people running around without masks because they are vaxxed, how does the average employee know if someone should be masked because they are unvaxxed? If the average employee doesnt know, there would be no reporting of the business to OSHA.
              Only takes one karen in HR...

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                I think they are working on some sort of arm band for the unvaxxed to help clear up that little bit of confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I think they are working on some sort of arm band for the unvaxxed to help clear up that little bit of confusion.

I wouldn’t doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My company isn't happy about it, our head HR person told us in the meeting she isn't even vaxed but unfortunately due to OSHA fines being a possibility they aren't going to risk having the business go under and us all losing our jobs. I can't fault them for that, if we want to take a stand and possibly lose income for it they are giving us that option instead of forcing it on all of us. As far as the religious exemptions go they are saying even with those we would still have to mask/ get tested in Feb so not sure what use they are....... I was surprised my wife who works for a Fortune 500 company hadn't gotten an email about it yet..... but she just texted me 10 min ago it came through

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                      Where do States rights come into play.. It's my understanding the governor said private companies can't force the Vax in Texas?
                      States’ rights actually has nothing to do with it. That would be the US government versus the Texas government.

This would be the Texas government versus private industry.

I believe the governor’s executive order was that another government entity in Texas could not issued such rules. I think it specifically said that the order does not apply to private businesses.

So the city mayor or city council or a school principal of a public school cannot order masks or vaccinations because they represent the government. That is on hold at the moment I believe because several school districts and Harris County have sued in court saying that it wasn’t a lawful order.

It might be somewhat ironic that when the governor issued an order closing down certain businesses which he was allowed to do in Chapter 418 of the Texas Government Code, people claimed that it was an unlawful act. The governor then issued an order that restricts government bodies such as city councils or public school districts from ordering the same orders that he earlier did (even though 418 gives them the same authority). While I know where Chapter 418 says that he can respond to a pandemic by regulating the occupancy of properties, I have no idea what authority he is issuing an order telling a school district they can’t until it’s employees to wear masks.

I think some people believe that he overstepped his authority in closing businesses but then agreed with him in denying masks or a vaccine mandates.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        With six points or a scarlet A?

Comment

So I just received email from my company that we have to at least one shot by February 2 or we are terminated. Can’t lose my job so **** guess I’m getting it. Been here 28 years and don’t want to start over. This sucks

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                            So I just received email from my company that we have to at least one shot by February 2 or we are terminated. Can’t lose my job so **** guess I’m getting it. Been here 28 years and don’t want yo start over. This sucks
                            A lot of companies have gone through this, and then back off days before the due date.....by then the majority have already gone out and gotten jabbed.

Good luck with your decision sir.

Comment

So I just received email from my company that we have to at least one shot by February 2 or we are terminated. Can’t lose my job so **** guess I’m getting it. Been here 28 years and don’t want to start over. This sucks
                              That is a horrible position to be in. After that many years on the job it could be financially disastrous for a family. I know it is easy for some people to say that no job is worth it and for those people, maybe that is correct. It is not a one size fits all however.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I am thankful my company isn't drawing a hard line, but working for a staffing agency we have been notified that it is legal for our clients to do so. They are comparing it to a background check requirement is my understanding.....

Comment

Working...
                                X