Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western/Stalk Style Hunts and Handheld Releases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Coolest thing since sliced bread for holding a thumb release. Secures with a magnet and a swivel. If they don’t have one for your specific release model then contact them and see if they will make one. The guy is friends with a TBHer and I heard about these on TBH a while back but the thread didn’t get any attention. He’s really onto something here and everyone asks me about it when they see it on my bow.

https://advoutdoortech.com/

That looks pretty slick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post

Coolest thing since sliced bread for holding a thumb release. Secures with a magnet and a swivel. If they don’t have one for your specific release model then contact them and see if they will make one. The guy is friends with a TBHer and I heard about these on TBH a while back but the thread didn’t get any attention. He’s really onto something here and everyone asks me about it when they see it on my bow.

https://advoutdoortech.com/

I’m the TBHr! Paul is a good friend, a smart mechanical engineer and we hunted hogs and deer together. He started his company to market the release holder.

When I left Cali to retire in Montana, I ‘handed over’ my relationship with the land owner I knew and he’s still slaying pigs in San Jose.

My Spot Hogg thumb release does not fit his holder. I made a paracord wrist strap to attach mine for hinting- mostly spot and stalk. When I need to I tuck the release up into the sleeve of my camo clotges to keep it from flopping around.

Comment

If you’re used to hunting sitting for hours in a ground blind or tree stand with your release clipped on a D ring, you need to rethink your technique if you’re putting on miles in open or rough country. In dark timber you can have bedded elk jump up close by and there’s barely time to estimate range-draw-anchor-put pin on elk- release with a compound if your release is ready to shoor.

Mine is a Friday Night Delight release. It has a hook meant to clip on the D ring quickly for hunting.

If I shot a Carter release that fit, I’d buy one of Paul’s holders.

The paracord wrist strap I learned on YouTube. It’s a modified wrist bracelet that I left the 2 cords that run it’s length long to secure to a release, and put a loop in the other end.

Here’s better pictures..

Last edited by Bill; 01-08-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Any decision on your release?

Comment

Working...
          X