• Show
Clear All

Crane hunt

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
      Crane hunt

That’s the deal. Definitely my favorite hunt and table fare.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
        Hunted yesterday with Will Granbury/Avian Skies. Had a great hunt and got our 5 limits of Cranes. Last bird of the day fell in the blind with us and was still alive and mad. Good times and highly recommended.
        I'm sure that was funny seeing guys trying to get out of the blind in a hurry.
        What area does he guide in?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          We shot a teal! We shot a teal!!!!

What did ya shoot?

I did see a few on one of the tanks I always check when I drive by. But I'm afraid they are going to be gone by this weekend. The other tanks were nada.

Comment

I think he shot a teal but I'm not totally sure. At least there were 5 birds in Texas. Guess now there's none.

Comment

Should of had more but the shooting went downhill as the morning progressed.

Comment

congrats notox

Comment

Nice haul No-Tox!

Went to feed the deer yesterday afternoon, and that same tank (3/4 acre) had over a hundert birds on it. Mostly divers. They thinned out a little on the way back home. Saw another 1 acre tank I watch, with a group of 50 on it. First time I've seen birds on it this year.

Comment

Man, it's really slowed down here since split.

I'm supposed to be getting access to a soil conservation lake near my new place. Hopefully that saves the season!

And my boat should be back rolling soon. So maybe find some in the river or W lake.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a flock of gaddy's, mallards, and woodys fly into the pond 15 min before shooting light. 1 min before shooting light they all took off FML it was maybe 15ish birds. Managed to get a gadwall and woody drake.

Anyone know of a place I can get my woody mounted? I live in Round Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
                        Had a flock of gaddy's, mallards, and woodys fly into the pond 15 min before shooting light. 1 min before shooting light they all took off FML it was maybe 15ish birds. Managed to get a gadwall and woody drake.

Lowell Shapley in Somerville. Goes by gulf coast waterfowl I believe. Absolute artist with wood ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98pbngEp7v4"]Got me a woody!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                            Lowell Shapley in Somerville. Goes by gulf coast waterfowl I believe. Absolute artist with wood ducks.

Thanks ill check him out.

Comment

6 wood ducks this morning. They kept dropping in the first 30 minutes. Not another type of duck seen. Long warm week forecast so probably not any new birds for a while. Son had a great time.

Comment

Thanks ill check him out.

He did my wife’s wood duck last year. Haven’t seen anybody do wood ducks better than him.

Comment

Working...
                                X