No announcement yet.

2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m really curious to see what the weather change brings in terms of deer movement this week. I know we’re in that December lull but until now the last few weeks I’m seeing fewer and fewer deer on camera.

I’d really like to take a doe but I need to see some first. Lol

Comment

The kid and I made a run up to our place after lunch. It's a lot wetter up here than at my house. Saw 3 does on the way in. This evening is more of a pig hunt for us both. He'll go back to archery in the morning. Probably our last deer hunt together till next year. He goes back to skool in January

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer have been moving like crazy since the rain let up. I should have sent to the pipeline.
        Headed out in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          The kid and I made a run up to our place after lunch. It's a lot wetter up here than at my house. Saw 3 does on the way in. This evening is more of a pig hunt for us both. He'll go back to archery in the morning. Probably our last deer hunt together till next year. He goes back to skool in January

Good luck to y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Good luck to y’all.
            He spent 3 days up here single man it and stacked 3 or 4 pigs. After his south of the border deer I don't think he truly wants to shoot another deer. Just sit and watch them.

Wind down to just a breeze now. Clouds parted and we're getting some blue sky before dark. I'd expect a frost Monday morning. Could be good

Comment

I had unusually slow movement this morning ahead of the front. And that’s very unusual for that particular stand. The next 3 mornings should be good. I can surely understand his mindset Quackerbox after that trip down South. That’s a game changer for most.
              Last edited by Gumbo Man; 12-18-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I'd expect a frost Monday morning.

Comment

Just checked a camera on a hand corn pen lastnight..I’ve had no daytime pictures whatsoever the past 5 days. I normally have a lot of mid day movement at the spot. I find that very odd.

Comment

Clear sky at 1am little N wind, clouds at 5 and wind is easily 10 at gusts. Temp did drop 10 degrees overnight.

Comment

Look on the bright side, maybe the white bass will start running a little earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Clear sky at 1am little N wind, clouds at 5 and wind is easily 10 at gusts. Temp did drop 10 degrees overnight.

Shoot something don't flake on us

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching a spot with 2 feeders that go off 20 minutes apart. Had deer under both prior to spin. In fact one of them had 2 does laying under it waiting.

3 bucks fed under the other, one being a target deer that I haven't seen all year. Junior happened to choose wrong this morning.

"Bumps" standing within 15 yards of a ground blind. He and another deer acted like they wanted to chase a yearling doe while a 3rd buck had no interest

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            First to second choice browse plant in most of E Texas. Not a last resort plant.
                            Absolutely correct. Beauty berries in sept, will be the only thing for a couple of weeks. They will get stupid fat on them. Some years berries last all fall.

Comment

They hammer beauty berry at my place too early fall. Pick the leaves clean along there trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dang, dont know why I never see deer on them more. Seems like my place has a good amount and always see them pass by it.

I will try to make sure to keep them around.

J

Comment

Working...
                                X