No announcement yet.

Whats your career??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power line work. Money is really good if you live in the big cities, or get in the unions up north, Florida, or California. Going on call and storms will prevent your 9-5, but majority of the time I’m working 8-9 hours a day. If you’re union, you can pretty much choose your jobs; therefore, you can almost choose your hours.
    You can’t pay me enough to live in a big city, or travel and be away from my family so I don’t make the REALLY big bucks, but I make good money. Pay varies greatly from state-state, co-ops, municipalities, and contractors, but most journeymen gross $100K. Some parts of the country make $200K-$300K give or take (seen lineman on FB groups posting pay stubs at the end of the year showing their gross earnings). Those numbers are usually union guys chasing storms though.

Comment

Been a Farm & Ranch real estate Broker for the past 13 years

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
        Any hvac guys?? I have my epa universal that I got right before the military, just never got the hands on experience and have forgotten a lot of it!
        About to wrap up my 4th year doing residential HVAC. Been running the family business the last two, and will be the owner in another 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
          Texarkana fd has a test in December. Id work Houston or Dallas long term though. Lots of ex military in FD.
          It was this past Saturday I passed it as well as the fitness test! I can pray but i know the medical review i wont get passed it!

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
            Fishing lodge owner.
            I regret not buying a lodge 5 or 6 years ago at fork when i had the chance!!

Comment

[quote=Bryan2014;15982129]About to wrap up my 4th year doing residential HVAC. Been running the family business the last two, and will be the owner in another 1.5.[/quot

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                About to wrap up my 4th year doing residential HVAC. Been running the family business the last two, and will be the owner in another 1.5.
                Pm sent have a question about hvac

Comment

Sr Process Engineer for a plastics extrusion manufacturer. Been in manufacturing roles the past 22 yrs

Comment

Port Captain & Field engineer for heavy lift cargo. Pretty cool gig, but no schedule and ships don’t know holidays. Get to travel the world (good & bad) and work with a lot of great folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was this past Saturday I passed it as well as the fitness test! I can pray but i know the medical review i wont get passed it!
                      Idk what a medical review is. Commute to Houston then always hiring just have to stay in Houston 7ish months for the fire academy the you can move anywhere

Comment

Any hvac guys?? I have my epa universal that I got right before the military, just never got the hands on experience and have forgotten a lot of it!
                        My first career was hvac/r. I have been licensed for nearly 15 years. Did that line of work for almost 9 full time then went into the oilfield. I do side work every now and then to keep my brain refreshed on hvac stuff. It’s a great line of work to be in and will always be needed. Haven contemplated getting my contractors license and running a couple trucks for local business or getting into installs and start-ups for new home builders. There is a major set back with that business right now. Too many houses and not enough techs to get systems up and running. Been oilfield for 8 almost 9 nears now. My full time is now Oilfield Artifical lift sales. I won’t ever leave unless the company shuts its doors. Love Artifical lift (gas lift)!!! Wife thinks I’m crazy but once the oil gets in your blood, it’s hard to leave.
                        My part time is real estate now for the past year and I enjoy it. It’s a good fall back for fun money and whatever else. I’ll keep my license active as long as I can and continue to sell land or houses when I can

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                          Banking 15 years @ 33 y/o
                          Question? What’s the purpose of all the bank branches they have built in the last 20 years when everyone does online banking? I have not stepped in a bank in 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
                            Question? What’s the purpose of all the bank branches they have built in the last 20 years when everyone does online banking? I have not stepped in a bank in 15 years.
                            Twas a thing of the past. Now-a-days it’s only small businesses and individuals that step foot into a branch. I’m a commercial banker and 90% of my clients never have to step foot into a bank anymore.

Our bank has slowed new branch locations because of that, and shrunk large branches by making space for tenants.

New brick n mortar branches for us are 1/5-1/3 for us, the remainder for tenants (lease income).

Comment

Real estate investor/ developer

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Fireman,
                                Pretty good gig
                                Couldn’t have said it any better. Coming up on 18 years. Check the tcfp website. Lots of options

Comment

Working...
                                X