Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Had my first one done a couple months ago. I’m 47. Like Smart said, it’s not as bad as I thought. Worse part for me was listening to the idiots getting prepped in the adjacent rooms…[emoji849]
    One asked for a “towelette, because she felt Moist…” No [emoji90]? [emoji12]

Get it done if you’re due… it’s worth it. I came out good, but peace of mind is Everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a friendly reminder bump considering the news recently received. Yall go get em done if you are due PLEASE!!

Comment

Yep, get it done. It's not a big deal, and in fact after that prep, you feel good - all cleaned out. My wife had hers done (first one) last year and sure enough, they found a precancerous polyp - note the "pre." It was removed and everything is fine. If she'd waited.......

Comment

Just a quick reminder for my fellow TBHers. Jeremy is gone now because he caught it too late. Get your's done now please.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Just a quick reminder for my fellow TBHers. Jeremy is gone now because he caught it too late. Get your's done now please.
            Can't say it often enough. Early detection is key. I put a colonoscopy off forever and finally had one because of an upcoming treatment for prostate cancer. Colonoscopy was clear then and yesterday got an all clear 6-month follow-up post treatments for prostate cancer.

If over 40 get your colonoscopy and include a PSA check in your annual physical. Mine was caught early in an increasing PSA level.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              I know this is about colonoscopies which are very important (I have had 3), but also get your PSA (prostate specific antigen) level checked at least yearly and especially if if you are over 50. My PSA had slowly increased from the low 2 range to up over 4 over about a 3 year period. A prostate specific MRI and a biopsy in in April indicated that I have prostate cancer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              Two of my very best friends have had prostate cancer, one about 5/6 years ago and the other just a couple months ago. They’ve both had surgery and both have recovered with no signs of cancer, but it definitely will make you aware.

Comment

Getting ready to mix up the first round of prep. Have to take the 2nd one at 2am tomorrow morning and then 8am tomorrow morning the fun starts. 47 years old. A little nervous since I had some diverticulitus issues at a young age (28) and had part of my colon removed then. Mom just got diagnosed with cancer in June of this year so I figured it was time to go get checked again. Don't put it off.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                  Getting ready to mix up the first round of prep. Have to take the 2nd one at 2am tomorrow morning and then 8am tomorrow morning the fun starts. 47 years old. A little nervous since I had some diverticulitus issues at a young age (28) and had part of my colon removed then. Mom just got diagnosed with cancer in June of this year so I figured it was time to go get checked again. Don't put it off.

Good to hear you are doing it early. Good luck to you man..

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    I do em out of my garage for $50.00. Use a funnel and a flashlight.
                    Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    The only thing he recommended was that the top end scope job be done first. He said if they go in the bottom first you end up with a crappy after taste from the top side scope job.
                    I know this is a serious thread but I appreciated these. And as for those of you who have had part of your colon removed, you no longer have a colon...

You have a semicolon!

Comment

I'm down to having a colonoscopy every 3 years now. The gene carries over from my Great Grandfather Berry. Not sure beyond him. But has had an effect of some kind on every male since. I just got done with a lower CT scan near the first of Sept as a follow-up for kidney cancer back in Feb this year. It just showed some non inflamed diverticulosis in the colon. And where part of my kidney is ablated. No blockages of any kind up to my stomach. I go back in 3 months for another CT for the kidney to compare with this CT, the CT at the time of surgery in Feb, and the one prior in Jan 2022.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-28-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                        Great decision, brother!

And as chained-to-the-bathroom as that prep is; you'll feel light as a feather when you wake up. It might even be the best you've ever felt, gut-wise.

Comment

Please get your Colonoscopy done!!!! I am alive today because I had one done on Feb 28, 2013. Diagnosed with Stage 2 Colon Cancer. Six months of Chemotherapy, thirty days of Radiation Therapy, and Major Surgery that removed my entire Sigmoid Colon. It left me with a permanent Ostomy. All lymph nodes were negative for Cancer as were the scans on my Liver, Lungs, Pancreas and kidneys. For the last 9 years I have had Blood work every three months and an annual CT Scan of my abdomen, liver and lungs. This year my Oncologist released me and said I think you are good, call me if you need me!! I am here today because my wife nagged me enough to get it done!

Comment

Had mine done last week !
                            Wasn’t fun prepping, but way better than the alternative.
                            47 yrs old diagnosed with cancer genetics. Mother had breast cancer, grandmother ovarian cancer. Not going to go down just because I was too manly to submit to a check up.
                            Lots of guys acting all tough, like they’re above this procedure. Cancer way tougher than you’ll ever be. If nothing else, you owe it to your family, kids, spouse to stay on top of things that can be avoided.
                            Leave your tough guy card at the door and be a man !

Comment

i turn 44 next month, after some recent issues i had my first doctors visit in probably over 10 years today. went ahead and got a referral for a colonoscopy, should have it done in the next couple of weeks. scary stuff for sure.

i had my first experience with the blue glove and clear gel.

son.

quite the shock-r.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                                Had mine done last week !
                                Wasn’t fun prepping, but way better than the alternative.
                                47 yrs old diagnosed with cancer genetics. Mother had breast cancer, grandmother ovarian cancer. Not going to go down just because I was too manly to submit to a check up.
                                Lots of guys acting all tough, like they’re above this procedure. Cancer way tougher than you’ll ever be. If nothing else, you owe it to your family, kids, spouse to stay on top of things that can be avoided.
                                Leave your tough guy card at the door and be a man !

Good job brother! Real man knows when to put his pride aside, and do the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X