No announcement yet.

Opening day dove report thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a corporate event hunt Mon PM & Tues AM near Avalon TX in Ellis County. I didn't fire a round Monday and killed one bird Tuesday morning. I think out of 37 hunters you could have put all birds killed in one game vest

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      We hunted Ben Bolt this Morning and as usual the first hunt is usually a free be for the birds as my shooting was a lot off. Hunted Alice this afternoon and ended with 21 between my son and I. So I should be shooting limits in a couple days. Birds were decent and limits were achievable if you can shoot. But not as thick as recent years. Still pretty soggy out there. I figure it will get better once it dries up.
      Good to hear.

Comment

My sunflower patch got hammered by hunters, but a new group of whitewings are building back numbers, I ran to Academy and found some shells. I just need enough to eat them a few times I enjoy the morning hunts

Comment

We hunted south of Uvalde this morning. Started out a little rusty. The two of us, Managed 16 birds. Good number of birds, no white wings. Mojos were working good.

Comment

Lots of birds in Karnes County

Comment

I second ClayWs post. Good hunt in the Karnes’ area.

Comment

Awesome job, yall!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Massive wave of birds hit Jim Wells county Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. 281 north of premont on the grain fields resembled Argentina. We had good birds in Falfurrias too.

Comment

Helluva second hunt for us today. Good family and friends shoot today … just like old times.

Mostly whitewings with a good mix of mournings. Love this time of year..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Helluva second hunt for us today. Good family and friends shoot today … just like old times.

Mostly whitewings with a good mix of mournings. Love this time of year..

Well that looks like a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtltx View Post
                        Well that looks like a great time!

It was for sure

Comment

Great pic Jason.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                          X