My boys drew Powderhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boys drew Powderhorn

They are gonna be pumped when they get home from school...

Any of you guys with pointers feel free to post or PM!

This is the first draw they've won

That’s awesome! Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Congrats, my son drew as well. Great that it’s after football season! We were down there years ago for Tyhp when it was first acquired but things have probably changed a bit since then.

Comment

Congrats, got to do the powderhorn with my daughter last year, it’s a great hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughter wasn't selected. She only had 2 points. How many did y'all have? We plan to go down to try for standby, if there are any...

Comment

my oldest had 6 and my youngest had 3, averaged out to 5.

i am reading through all the old powderhorn threads, cant wait.

where are you guys staying down there? just in a hotel in POC?

Comment

H and Oakley missed out on the GDE youth draw. Good luck to your boys.

I didn't figure they would since they both drew Colorado Bend, GDE last season.
              Last edited by Chad C; 09-02-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Grandson is pending second draw, if that falls thru we will be somewhere for standby.

Comment

My daughter got selected this year and she had 6 points.

Comment

I went with my daughter last year. It was really hot, we only saw one Samba deer while getting setup in the blind. Didn't see another one the whole weekend. We decided to do a little noon stalk and got a white-tailed doe.
                    Got a nice Axis buck that came out of the brush about 10 yards from us, looks us and ran away!.
                    There were several Samba deer harvest that weekend.
                    We stayed at Holiday Inn express in Port Lavaca

Comment

Good question on points, too many categories and too many applicants in my group to keep track of that! Our dates are 1/22-1/23

Comment

Feel free to PM me your number and I will tell you what I know from my hunt. Also check with Brunner on here and rent one of his B&B’ in town

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                          Feel free to PM me your number and I will tell you what I know from my hunt. Also check with Brunner on here and rent one of his B&B’ in town
                          Will do, sir, and I sent Brunner a msg about an hour ago

Comment

Don’t be afraid to move around Sambar are very stockable and also if you aren’t seeing a lot of movement don’t be afraid to ask for a unit change on the second or third day a lot of guys leave by then and you can get into a different/possibly better unit and trust me not all units are equal and only a few hold the axis deer.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelBRice View Post
                              Don’t be afraid to move around Sambar are very stockable and also if you aren’t seeing a lot of movement don’t be afraid to ask for a unit change on the second or third day a lot of guys leave by then and you can get into a different/possibly better unit and trust me not all units are equal and only a few hold the axis deer.
                              Great info, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X