No announcement yet.

Could Use Some Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you Phillip. You got a whole lot of folks praying and pulling for you!

Comment

Prayers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers!

Comment

Healing prayers!

Comment

Phillip, I am 72 as well. 12 years ago, I had the same thing happen. They immediately did an angiogram by going up through my groin. Found and stented a blockage which likely prevented a heart attack. I have not had any recurrence. I have had an angiogam done twice since and it was done through my wrist. Arteries are all clear, including the stent that was put in 12 years ago. Angiogram is always definitive because they can see the blockages and fix most of them on the spot. Blockages are what cause heart attacks.

When this happened 12 years ago, I had just had a normal, running on a tread mill stress test in April and was given a clean bill of health. Blockage occurred on May 6. I don't do stress tests anymore because I don't think they are reliable.

If you are overweight, get the extra weight off. I weighed about 240 when all this happened. I weigh about 185 right now. I feel a ton better. Diet and exercise will do wonders for your cardio system.

Prayers up.

Wayne
            Last edited by Wayne Meuir; 03-23-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
              I’ll give you some advice that I think will help. Cut out sugar and lower your carbs. Eat good fats such as avocado and olive oil. Exercise with good cardio and drink lots of water. It is never too late to change your lifestyle if in fact it needs changing. Some folks have heart problems regardless of external factors however most could be avoided or at least held at bay with diet and exercise. You hear of folks dropping dead while running but of the many heart attack’s I’ve loaded in the ambulance most are the result of diet and a sedentary lifestyle.

Wouldn’t call what I’ve seen of your lifestyle sedentary. And for the diet, jambalaya once a year chased with a few yuenglings cant hurt, right?. Praying for you Phil. A lot more arrows to sling in TX

Comment

Phillip you need to insist on an angiogram. When I was your age the same thing happened to me. All tests and blood work were negative. They kept saying there's nothing wrong with your heart, must be something else. They ran stuff down my throat and up my caboose for three days ( in the hospital) until I finally I had a heart attack. Now only half of my heart is living. Thank goodness the pluggage wasn't on the left side or I wouldn't still be here. I've never been over weight and always been very active so don't buy into that. The only sure way to know what's wrong is an angiogram and it's easy as pie. Medicare pays. Just insist!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not only that Phillip, there is no history of heart problems in my family. My dad lived to be 100 and my mother into her 90s. Its scary as h---!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for you sir.

Comment

I agree with Ronnie. The angiogram will be absolutely definitive. Any thing else is not as accurate and in most situations, if they find anything with the angio, they can stent it right then and you are done, no guessing or speculation.

Wayne

Comment

Apparently, the Drs are not particularly concerned about my condition. They have scheduled my test for May 2. I haven't had any more episodes of chest pains.

Comment

Did they prescribe medication or aspirin?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Did they prescribe medication or aspirin?

Gary
                            No, they gave me some nitroglycerine tablets to take if I had any more pains.

Comment

Yeah those are a trip. But they work. You will get a headache from them but they will open those blood vessels.
                              Limit your fat and sugar intake. You'll be good.
                              Will keep you on the prayer list. [emoji106]

Gary

Comment

Prayers for you. I do have a question though. I have been having a little pain on the left side of my chest when I take a deep breath or when I yawn. It is not constant though, but it has me a little worried. My neck has also felt like it has been sore for about a week or so. It feels like I need to stretch it and it feels tight in my neck as well. Kind of like I have done a lot of neck workout exercises.Is this what you were having or was yours more of a constant pain or a sharp one time pain? Just trying to see what I might have. I got worried the other night and didnt want to go to sleep.
                                Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 03-30-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X