Metal building cost?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
    Any recommendations on where to order the kit?
    If your in Killeen look at elite steel in temple. Me and the wife did a small barndo and they beat muller and a couple others by over 1000 bucks. Great people to deal with too.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Hmmm

I had a bid for a 30x40x14 with 3 roll ups and one walk through, concrete and rough in a bathroom for 24k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That’s a hell of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I build them on the side. My concrete man gets $10/sqft and buildings are running about $10-$15sqft roughly depending on a lot of variables. You get what you pay for. I don’t cut corners and neither does my concrete guy. I do loose jobs because people say that’s to high and don’t take into account all the extra I do to make it a quality job.

Comment

A buddy of mine manages a commercial concrete business. He says on the foundation the most efficient and effective way is to pour post footings only, then erect the building, and then pour the inside using the exterior walls as the forms. I've seen a couple he's done that way and they turned out great.

Comment

Originally posted by jtempleton View Post
            I build them on the side. My concrete man gets $10/sqft and buildings are running about $10-$15sqft roughly depending on a lot of variables. You get what you pay for. I don’t cut corners and neither does my concrete guy. I do loose jobs because people say that’s to high and don’t take into account all the extra I do to make it a quality job.
            I build them and your numbers match mine. I'm at $20 to $30 a foot. Most are $20-$25 per foot. I also pour on avg $10 that is 5" thick, has rebar, beams and vapor barrier. I feel your pain on not getting certain jobs because you build a quality product.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
              I build them and your numbers match mine. I'm at $20 to $30 a foot. Most are $20-$25 per foot. I also pour on avg $10 that is 5" thick, has rebar, beams and vapor barrier. I feel your pain on not getting certain jobs because you build a quality product.
              Yep, I figure if they want cheap they can get it from someone besides me. I don’t use perlin for everything and screw it together.🤣 I like a little steel in my buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Hmmm

I had a bid for a 30x40x14 with 3 roll ups and one walk through, concrete and rough in a bathroom for 24k.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                who was the builder? i would love to get that deal.

Comment

Here is a video I just did about my metal building. Kind of long, but I go through lessons learned and ways to save money. The budget analysis is at the end.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwoScYMJW54"]building - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Here is a video I just did about my metal building. Kind of long, but I go through lessons learned and ways to save money. The budget analysis is at the end.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwoScYMJW54"]building - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'm located in northeast texas, need to update my location, I'm definitely not cutting corners with the concrete, as I will be putting up 10 kennels with a trench sloped down to a septic for easy clean up, I'm found some kits with 3/12 pitch gutters and insulation average around 21-25k, that seem about right? I was figuring around 50k total

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post

building - YouTube
                        Awesome video and advice. Thank you!

Comment

Lots of great info. We are looking at buying some property very soon. Hope to put up a metal building for boat storage and a lean-to to park an rv under. Getting ideas.

Comment

building - YouTube
                            Tagged to watch later.

Comment

I hope to build a 40x40x14 this coming June. I’ll chime back in once I have everything finalized and what it costs.

Comment

building - YouTube
                                For some reason it's not loading up for me, prolly cause I'm in west texas with spotty service

Comment

Working...
                                X