No announcement yet.

Life Style Change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go! May God strengthen you in your quest for better health.

Gary

Comment

You got this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks all...by the way, my wife is a smoker so the added pressure, BUT...has not been a problem so far. Actually it's helped her cut down as she is sympathetic to my cause.

And NO...I don't give her any BS as I know it's a personal decision and you quit when you are ready or not.

Appreciate all the comments and prayers, staying strong and determined!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Good for you!!!! This coming Thursday will be 3 weeks for me..... I did the same thing, enough was enough and threw a pack in the trash. I’ve had 2 smokes since then..... I got it beat, but **** it’s tough
          Hang in there Brother! I was just joking with my wife today about only her still smoking? With me not buying smokes it's $60/week saved and it's going towards guns, ammo, hunting, whatever, lol.

She never gives me any gripes about our hunting costs so just another benefit when you smoke as much as I "did" everyday.

Comment

Sir - I congratulate you for your efforts and trying to better yourself.

There are two things only that will keep you on the right path - faith and family.

Believe that the Lord is with you each step of the way and never forget the impact you have on your loved ones - what you do will affect them for the rest of their lives

Prayers to you for continued strength

Comment

Sounds like you have the right mindset!! Realizing you don’t HAVE to have it is the first step.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                The comment I made was based on my past life work experiences and the demons that "sometimes" still haunt me? Not going into detail, but what I experienced in a world most never have to deal with.

I know this is vague, but it is a part of me that never goes away and I've realized never will. Some call it PTSD, I don't call it that as I feel that's a "catch all" definition and not a reason to "not self control for some?"

Just specific to me, but obviously NOT a done deal as the desire could creep up anytime to ease the pain and memories...yep, a crutch. I hope not but I know I'm vulnerable and the battle still rages on even as age progresses.

A valid question and I hope this helps you understand.....

Fair enough, you didn’t owe me an explanation, but thanks for taking the time anyways! How have you felt physically since quitting (once the cold passed), do you *feel* better in the mornings, etc?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Keep it up, you can do it!

My dad has smoked his whole life and always been in good health. He used to be an avid quail hunter but stopped about 20 years ago due to lease costs. Fast forward to a couple of years ago, he joined my friends and I on a guided pheasant hunt. He’s in his early 60’s and although he wouldn’t admit it, the walking long distances isn’t near as easy as it should be. I know he loved the hunt but it was disappointing to see his years of smoking holding him back.

Comment

Bought a pack when I was 16 years old because the fireworks stand didn't have any punks to light them. Turned 57 this year and can't imagine the money I have wasted all these years. I know I need to quit but the problem is until you want to quit you won't.

Comment

I quit cold turkey also. Tomorrow will be 6 months and 3 weeks smoke free after 35 years. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Keep it up, you got this!

Comment

Good stuff man! I’m working to give up sugar and caffeine. I’m shocked how hard that is. I can’t imagine giving up smoking.

Comment

Good for you and those that love you! Will keep you in my prayers.

Comment

Congrats and hope you can stay with it!

Comment

Good for you Kuma...keep it up

Comment

Working...
                                X