Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side gig

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
    I hydrodip things like skulls and things.

[ATTACH]949890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]949891[/ATTACH]
    I do the same! My having this side job for the last few years may end up saving my butt. My full time job of the last 17 years is fixing to come to an end, the factory is closing. I sell BBQ on the side also!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
      Mine is a hobby that has turned into a money making business. Beekeeping. Saves me several thousand a year in property tax because of ag exemption and I sold a few thousand $ worth of honey.
      Where do you sell your honey? Whats the brand name?

Comment

Originally posted by Giddings_TX View Post
        Where do you sell your honey? Whats the brand name?
        I sell it over the counter at my business and at church plus a few deliveries. Being a small producer I’m required by the state to sell it face to face. I call it TKD Ranch honey.

Comment

I just make my wife work more O/T that way she’s not home and I can go hunting, win-win!

Comment

Male dancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
              Male dancer

At BULGE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had a side welding business for the last 20 years that I worked my main job. It allowed me to be debt free at 40 and retire with a buy out at 50. The welding business became my main job so I could invest my buy out money. It's been great.

Comment

My main gig is in oil and gas - it pays enough for me, the wife, and 2 kids to live comfortably. My “side hustle” makes me more money than my main job. I’ve been selling custom diamond jewelry “on the side” for almost 10 years now. Side hustle #2 is a consulting gig, I provide direction for marketing campaigns for a small number of firms. Currently working on figuring out what side hustle #3 is going to be.

I read an interesting comment early in this thread about finding a job that pays enough to where you “don’t need a side hustle”.. I think that’s a rather limited view of why some people may choose to pursue a “side hustle.” As long as I have spare capacity and I am having fun with the work, I am going to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                    Male dancer
                    Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    At BULGE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Down on Lemmon Ave. at Tallywhackers?

Comment

I've always liked dirt bikes (my user name might give this away) & I rebuild old dirt bikes and resell them - only 2 strokes, so far.

Or, if the bike is worth more in parts, part it out. Since most of the higher dollar parts are in the engine, I also buy a lot of engines off eBay, part those out & resell on ebay.

I've always considered it more of a hobby than a side hustle. It sure isn't work, more something I do for amusement and to support my real hobby of going down to Texas and hunting. I usually make $3-4k a year and since my wife gets my work paycheck, this money is just 'mine'.

Plus I guess I just don't feel right, if I'm not working on something out in the garage ever now & then.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                        Urban Pharmaceutical Sales a few days a week. ��
                        Street pharmacist lol

Comment

I currently work in QA the past two years I have been tasked with updating our companies online presence. So I designed a new website, optimized the content using SEO and have started making marketing videos for youtube and facebook. Come to find out I thoroughly enjoy doing this kind of work, I think its the old "learning something new deal". So I have started offering those services as a side gig until I make that a career, I am also in the process of creating an outdoor brand (not a clothing line). I have a few hat designs and a few shirt designs already drawn up. I have started learning how to vectorize a logo and will probably slide all of this into a "media company" eventually and offer web optimization, website design (for small companies, easier to deal with), logo creation, get my brand out there, and offer screen printing.

I am also in the process of becoming a firefighter again and trying to move to Washington State!

Comment

Real estate on the side. (For retirement...)
                            Manage our rental properties.
                            Looking for more...

Comment

Have regular day job and my side job is building my wife and myself a ranch home to retire to next year. It’s been a lot of sweat doing things ourself and doesn’t pay worth a darn but when done it’s paid for and we can the pride in our hard work. Maybe in the future i’ll mess with wood and metal projects.

Comment

#1 - sell guns
                                #2 - teach Microsoft Excel classes

Comment

Working...
                                X