No announcement yet.

What's your side hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a great thread. I dont have a side hussle but wouldnt mind one. I do get ot but not always an option. With my long commute though making money after work would be rough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      I have a highschool diploma i found a career that has good pay, great benefits, and retirement. I get it not everyone finds that, but for a young buck reading this thread it may help them be patient and diligent about what career path they take so they’re not working till the day they day, and never get to enjoy the roses in life because they’re side hustling their life away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ups

How much OT do you work in a normal week?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
        How much OT do you work in a normal week?

Avg 4-10 depending on how mad I’m at it

Comment

Real estate from time to time

Comment

Avg 4-10 depending on how mad I’m at it

I have a great job with great pay and benefits as well. I go on call 1 week per month and average 20 hrs OT the week I'm on call but very little OT the other 3 weeks.
            My wife is a stay at home mom and we live comfortably off of my normal pay but I choose to run a seasonal side business. The business is ran out of my shop and my family usually helps me. It doesn't cut into any family time and it allows us to do more financially like having a deer lease, paying of vehicles and our house early, etc.

Comment

Main hustle pays the bills.

No side hustle for me, just my main hustle.... for extra $$ I Wait for the plant to schedule a turnaround then work 12 hours a day for 20 to 50 days straight. Other than picking up a day here and there when someone is on vacation or out sick, give me my time off. I like to spend time with my kids and wife seeing my boys play sports and going hunting fishing and camping instead of working ALL the time. I'm not completely against the idea, if I find the right side hustle for me I will pursue it. My schedule definitely would allow it. Plant operator working the 12 hour dupont shift.
              4 nights, 3 off, 3 days 1 off, 3 nights, 3 off,
              4 days, 7OFF.

My wife on the other hand, her main hustle is working as a paralegal. But her side hustle is starting to be very helpful for us. She makes custom shirts, hats, koozies ect... She has a heat transfer vinyl cutter and press that started out as a hobby, but turned into a small business.

Comment

What's your side hustle?

Welding, but haven’t had much time lately due to my main job. More of a hobby building stuff for myself then folks start asking hey can build this or I want one of those.

Last edited by TA_Fab; 03-14-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                  I have a great job with great pay and benefits as well. I go on call 1 week per month and average 20 hrs OT the week I'm on call but very little OT the other 3 weeks.
                  My wife is a stay at home mom and we live comfortably off of my normal pay but I choose to run a seasonal side business. The business is ran out of my shop and my family usually helps me. It doesn't cut into any family time and it allows us to do more financially like having a deer lease, paying of vehicles and our house early, etc.

I’m not bashing side hustle I’m simply stating there are plenty of careers out there that offer more than enough compensation to live a healthy lifestyle without REQUIRING a side job. Wanting an requiring are two different things. I’m simply stating if you take a job that REQUIRES you to get a second job to do anything outside of just pay your necessity bills I’d recommend to any young person starting out be diligent and patient there are plenty of good jobs that will allow you to do everything you want and only require you to work for them, and don’t require a college education. That’s ALL I’m trying to say i know there’s plenty of variables in life

Comment

I DJ & run Karaoke several times a year. I don't advertise, but have been doing it long enough that I get about 10-12 jobs a year.

I also like to buy & sell stuff, not much profit, but I enjoy it.

Comment

I have cattle, and a small lawn care gig. I focused on a few large commercial accounts with yearly contracts and pay a guy to mow them for me. I still mow some when I have time. I enjoy the cattle, and do it because I love it. the mowing has almost turned into mailbox money. works out pretty good. my wife and I work full time and have two kids, and yes we could live comfortably on our salaries.

Comment

I would like to get involved in investing in a mobile home park and/or self storage. Takes some capital but would be some good mailbox money.

If we're talking manual labor, i'd consider small engine repair (can work from home), residential deck building (very few tools or formal training needed), bounce house/party rentals...

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                          No side hustle for me, just my main hustle.... for extra $$ I Wait for the plant to schedule a turnaround then work 12 hours a day for 20 to 50 days straight. Other than picking up a day here and there when someone is on vacation or out sick, give me my time off. I like to spend time with my kids and wife seeing my boys play sports and going hunting fishing and camping instead of working ALL the time. I'm not completely against the idea, if I find the right side hustle for me I will pursue it. My schedule definitely would allow it. Plant operator working the 12 hour dupont shift.
                          4 nights, 3 off, 3 days 1 off, 3 nights, 3 off,
                          4 days, 7OFF.
                          We have the same schedule. Board operator for large petroleum company. Our turnarounds are usually 60+ days though of 7 12’s. I always try to get on nights. I’m the same way as you, I’ll work some overtime If they force me to, but otherwise give me my time off and leave me the hell alone. I work with guys that have to have all the overtime they can get just to survive. I feel sorry for them. They practically live at work. Pretty much all of them have wives that don’t work.......

Comment

I’m not bashing side hustle I’m simply stating there are plenty of careers out there that offer more than enough compensation to live a healthy lifestyle without REQUIRING a side job. Wanting an requiring are two different things. I’m simply stating if you take a job that REQUIRES you to get a second job to do anything outside of just pay your necessity bills I’d recommend to any young person starting out be diligent and patient there are plenty of good jobs that will allow you to do everything you want and only require you to work for them, and don’t require a college education. That’s ALL I’m trying to say i know there’s plenty of variables in life

I dont think anyone has thought you were bashing them, as that thought hasn't crossed my mind. There are lots of variables/wants/needs/desires by each individual person. I know I appreciate your input

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                              I dont think anyone has thought you were bashing them, as that thought hasn't crossed my mind. There are lots of variables/wants/needs/desires by each individual person. I know I appreciate your input

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok good i was just wanting to make sure no one thought i was [emoji1303]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Well you, sir, have amazingly soft hands.
                                You didn't!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X