JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Clay!!
    I haven't had time to get out to my place and scout, but hopefully i can get out there this weekend and be ready for them for the opener!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
      Looking good Clay!!
      I haven't had time to get out to my place and scout, but hopefully i can get out there this weekend and be ready for them for the opener!!

There seems to be lots of mature Toms this year!

Good luck

Comment

Got my new Jelly Header in, taking it out to pattern this afternoon. I’ll be hunting 90% with my bow still but smacking one with the shotgun will be fun.

Comment

I’ve read some good things about the revamped federal 3rd degree shells loaded with TSS and a new wad design. Looking forward to seeing how they pattern out of my 20 gauge. Depending on how they do, I may be taking my 20 into the mountains of New Mexico instead of my 12 gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Got my new Jelly Header in, taking it out to pattern this afternoon. I’ll be hunting 90% with my bow still but smacking one with the shotgun will be fun.

How'd she shoot?

Comment

Kicks like a mule with those 3 1/2s but it pattered great. Should be easy as pie

Comment

Kicks like a mule with those 3 1/2s but it pattered great. Should be easy as pie
                3 1/2??? geeeeez!

what ya huntin?

Comment

Yikes! Those Roman Candle are way overkill for that very reason IMO..

Its 3" shells in a semi-auto 20 gauge for me on purpose....if I use a shotgun..

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                    3 1/2??? geeeeez!

what ya huntin?

I’ll more than likely go back and get 3” before the season.

Comment

I don’t even like the 3 inch shells out of a 12 gauge. Hunting is fine, but patterning with them SUCKS! If I do any more experimenting with different loads/chokes before the opener, I’m buying a lead sled.

Comment

Due to the birds still being flocked up, I think I’m goin to go with the full strut jake and a handful of hens.

I’d expect the group of 9 gobblers won’t tolerate a newbie.

Comment

following! always enjoy this annual thread!

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                            following! always enjoy this annual thread!

[emoji1303]

The pace should pick up with youth season being this weekend!

Comment

Looks like alot of fun. Wish i had a place with turkeys on it. Several guys i know used to be gung ho on deer until trying turkey for the first time. They quit deer hunting and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

Due to the birds still being flocked up, I think I’m goin to go with the full strut jake and a handful of hens.

I’d expect the group of 9 gobblers won’t tolerate a newbie.
                                Good lookin’ setup! Looking forward to some LDPs this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X