X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    Get you a goat.
    Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
    Sheep. Does it really need to be cut all the time?
    Good idea but then I'd need to build a wall to keep them in.
    This is 4 strand fenced on one side only

Don't need to be cut all the time But when I bring my kids up March through June I'd like the grass to be no more than ankle high.

This guy was good until his employer came calling

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Have it tilled once, seed a low growing perennial clover, thick, thick. Let it go. May have to reseed every few yrs though.
      Also most likely the most beneficial thing you could do for your land, considering the time you are willing to spend, lack of equipment, etc..
      Mint also does excellent as a ground cover.
      Yeah I threw out six pounds of white dutch buy it was too late and the weeds crowded it out
      I've seen micro clover but I don't want to spend that kinda coin on ground cover

I'll look into the mint suggestion.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Money is not the issue.
        New job works him 6-7 days a week
        Forced overtime
        Just a guess, but are you too busy to take care of your own property? It’s 2 acres. Probably 1 hour of mowing per week at most.

Comment

Ask your neighbor if you can pay him to borrow his tractor for a fee and cut it yourself. You could also offer to do his while you're at it.

Comment

Welcome to property ownership...mowing is part of the deal. Pay someone to keep it mowed for you or buy a mower and keep it in a shed on site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              Welcome to property ownership...mowing is part of the deal. Pay someone to keep it mowed for you or buy a mower and keep it in a shed on site.
              This!

Comment

I had a place and took care of it myself for 15 years prior to retirement. Just hire it out to be mowed on a frequency of your choice. Believe me it easier and cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  No chemicals
                  I believe that stuff causes cancer
                  I'd rather eat a hole in the ozone layer via burnt diesel.
                  Only known to cause cancer in California. You ain’t no Californian are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Just a guess, but are you too busy to take care of your own property? It’s 2 acres. Probably 1 hour of mowing per week at most.
                    I live 3.5 hrs away
                    200 miles
                    Have two toddlers

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      I have no problem with paying to have it mowed
                      My problem is finding someone dependable that can mow it regularly
                      This is why I made the post
                      I'm looking for the cheapest option for me to mow it myself
                      I've seen walk behind brush hogs but that will take too long and get caught in ruts

Then I thought about a riding mower with brush hog attachment

Next up from that would be a pto tractor so I've been looking at ford 8n and other fords from the early 80s (like the 1710)
                      I don't need 4wd with cab

But the prices of three tractors and brush hogs equal many many many months worth of me paying someone four months out the year to cut it
                      But then I run into the problem I have now with my property not being someone else's priority

Comment

I’m with you on not using chemicals.

We have a similar property with around 10 non-wooded pasture type acres and have someone to cut hay. In return, he gets all the hay and keeps things cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Only known to cause cancer in California. You ain’t no Californian are ya?
                          PCB and BPA were only known to cause cancer in California for many years too until those Californians started moving to Texas, and infected us.
                          Now that pcb cancer has spread nationwide

Comment

RoundUp

Comment

Actually i think i might go with the Ford 3000
                              Not the 8n

Comment

Where is this property located?

Comment

Working...
                                X