Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    How is it hooked up to fan and thermostat? I have a small Coleman like that ( have not lost power yet ) but I was just planning to run a few space heaters.
    A lot of times the interior units are just plugged into a normal outlet and not wired in, so there is a solid chance an extension cord will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      How is it hooked up to fan and thermostat? I have a small Coleman like that ( have not lost power yet ) but I was just planning to run a few space heaters.

110 plug mounted right next to furnace up in my attic ... pulled plug out and put it into the extension cord with a surge protector running from my generator to it. Easy as heck.

Comment

Might as well - Generators - what are you running

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post
        predator 3500 inverter is awesome
        i run 3 window units a mini fridge and all lights to my cabin on the island during the summer, and it sips on the gas 7.5 gallons will last over 24 hours once everything is cooled down and regular cycled

This will probably be my next purchase for summer or our crazy weather springs.... if I don’t go to the louder bigger ones.

Comment

Generac 22W propane for whole house is ready but we haven’t lost power this store like the two previous snow events

Comment

Predator 3500 inverter here. Quiet, economical and has the power plus to run fridge, freeze, bunch of lights, TV and most important Coffee maker!

Comment

US General 5700 watt form harbor Fright. Had it for 10 years only thing I had to replace was the capacitor a month ago. Runs gas furnace tv and internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                110 plug mounted right next to furnace up in my attic ... pulled plug out and put it into the extension cord with a surge protector running from my generator to it. Easy as heck.
                That's what I'm doing now works great.

Comment

Old Honda EG3500 and proud to have it. Running fridge, freezer, blower fan for the gas heat, a couple lights, and TV for 30 hours now.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                    Buy a window unit just for that purpose!
                    I've got a portable AC and heat pump. I like it better than a traditional window unit. I think it is 14000 btu and runs off a 20 amp circuit.

Comment

She kept the frig, deep freeze, and space heater going for 2 days straight as well as charged our devices and made us coffee. No complaints other than she’s a little loud compared to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brotherbill View Post
                        That's what I'm doing now works great.

It has been a game changer for us up here with as much as we have been out. We can make a lot of sacrifices from our everyday luxuries if we are warm....that and hot water from a gas water heater go a long dang way. It also enabled us to go get my FIL who had been sitting in a 38 degree house bundled up in his comforter for a 1.5 days with zero heat. After refusing several times just knowing it was going to come on any minute, I finally went to the stubborn suckers house 40 miles away and got him after he refused a couple of times. He was glad to see us. Hes all kinds of warm now and his color is back.

Comment

Ryobi 6500w

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Kohler 20K. Been running 3 days. Will service it today....................

How much fuel have you burned ?

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                              How much fuel have you burned ?
                              On natural gas. I have heard it can cost $100.00 a day. I will gladly pay that to not sit in a cold dark house. Will try to up date this when I get the bill......................

Comment

I have a little Honda 2000 and it's been great for the last 12 years or so. Wish I had another so I could run them together.

Comment

Working...
                                X