Your opinion on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on

Just wanted to see if anyone has hunted with the halon and triax how they like the bow? i told myself i wasn't gonna buy a thousand dollar plus bow because im getting a whole new set up, but i think im gonna go against my word. i like the look and style of them both i was going to go with a bowtech carbon icon which is a pretty good bow for the buck.

Im going to the range tomorrow to buy a new bow. Im sure pulling each and shooting both will tell me where i want to be. What do y'all prefer? pros and cons?

I like to be compact and light. I hunt from climbers a lot and having my cams or limbs hit the stand is usually a issue so i lean towards more compact. I dont want a mission or little bow like that im sure i can find a bow that a bit nicer in my range.

im also open to other bows just checking out options again before i go tomorrow.

bump

Comment

I’d go triax. It’s shorter and a sweet shooting bow

Comment

Go and feel them both. I love my Halon but the Triax doesn't fit me. In my case, newer is not necessarily better. I need the longer ATA. Can't imagine the animals I've shot with the Halon being any deader

Comment

If you like short, shoot the realm by bowtech before you choose

Comment

Shot the halon a year ago and liked it, but didn’t buy it. Shot the triax in January loved it and thought really hard before buying and ended up buying it. I’m shooting a 30inch draw and have no issues. I’ve always preferred shorter ata to longer but it’s a big debate. Some people prefer the longer. I hunt from tree stands ground blinds to sitting flat on the ground. The short axle on the triax makes shooting easy in all cases for me. But go shoot them and see what you like more

Comment

Go shoot the Realm or the Reign. I bet you'll pick one of those over the mathews

Comment

Its funny the two of you mention the realm. I did the same thing... walked into the bow shop and had my mind made up that I wasn't going to look at any "one brand"... shot about 6-8 bows (triax included) and kept coming back to the realm. Never thought I would be walking out with a Bowtech but that's exactly what happened. I love love love this bow!

Comment

I did the same thing was pretty sure I was going to buy the reign from reviews and everything I read on all of them. Shot a reign, realm, realm x and the triax. I walked out with the triax it was stupid how good it felt compared to the other. Like others said you won’t know until you shoot them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you check out the Evolve 28. Shot it the other day & it felt better to me than the Traxis. It’s 90% let off, you could hold it forever. C&S archery doesn’t have the Evolve but Saddle River Range has one. Not sure if Bow zone has one.

Comment

Consider a Darton SpectraE or MaverickII. Buy direct online under 1k. You wont likely find them in a store. Customer service and engineering is top notch.

Comment

If your into light then the Mathews isn’t for you they are heavy bows ! And I’m a hard core Mathews guy wish they would go back to a little bit lighter bow !

Comment

I've shot the triax. Sweet bow, but too short and awkwardly balanced when rigged for my taste. I haven't shot the regular Halon, but have shot the Halon 32 and almost walked out with it. Sweet bow all the way around, but ended up going with the Realm X.

Comment

Bought a Triax the month they came out and have shot several pigs this summer and a doe or two before the end of last season. I'm 6' with a 30" draw and definitely had to get use to the size coming from shooting a Halon 32. Peep angle wasn't a issue but almost ran out of string space adjustment. Overall, I'd rather shoot targets with the 32 but take the Triax to the stand. While shooting 20-30yrds average shots, I just don't see having a issue with accuracy at that range.

I could see Mathews taking the Triax damper design and bumping the ata for the new improved model for next year. It would be a middle ground for those wanting a little more and scared of a 28" bow. I look at Mathews marketing and actually question how Levi Morgan shoots a Triax with his size. Bet he comes out in the future pushing longer ATA bows as soon as they release something else. This late in the season, I would wait to see whats coming out or like others have mentioned, look a Reign or Realm.
                            Last edited by Notaguide; 09-13-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I’ll let you know how it does for hunting in a few months after I’ve got significant field time with it. In testing this summer, it’s shooting amazingly well for me. It holds an impressive group at 85 yards which is all the range I’ve had to work with so far, so accuracy is a non-issue...

I’m shooting it at 70 lbs and 30.75” draw on the 30” mods. I’m using the Mathews quiver mounted from the bottom mounting position and using a 10” stab with an offset mount and 6 oz on the front I think. This gives me a perfect balance with the quiver on and without running a side bar which keeps the overall mass weight perfect for me. It’s shooting great for me, now to see how it works out in the field...

D

Comment

Working...
                              X