Dont be a dumb sumbeach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
    If you are over 22yrs old. Ground blind. Just do it. Under 22yrs old. They are nimble and dumb.
    This......

Comment

I’m old, I’d still be layin there, glad you’re ok.

Comment

I was dumb and stupid a long time back. No more. I walk up the steps into the house and don't get any higher off the ground than the tractor seat.

Comment

I never try to move or adjust a ladder stand by myself.

Comment

Glad you're okay and thanks for the reminder, as I need to replace a ladder stand myself.

Comment

I love my ladder stands but do keep that possibility in my mind when I’m in one.
              Glad you made it out fairly well

Comment

Glad ya only hurt not not Bad Hurt...and will live to HUNT AGAIN...Be SAFER out there ...Stuff dont last forever (We don't either)

Comment

Ouch. At least it wasn't while hunting with bow/rifle in-hand. Glad you werent hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                    I did the same thing about 25 yrs ago. Wake up about halfway to around. Ended up getting hung in the ladder runs about 3 ft off the ground. It was and eye opening experience……[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I too am part of this club. In college and fell asleep. Even worse I had bolted a bass fishing chair to some plywood at the top of my ladder stand and it broke off when I leaned to one side. Thankfully had a nylon belt around my stomach and fell about 4 feet before it caught. Pretty sure there was a broken rib involved. Good times!

Comment

Yep it was an eye opening experience. We often get in a hurry and think we are bullet proof.
                      Take the time and ask for help when needed. I wish everyone safe hunting season.

Comment

Glad you are OK It happens quicker than you think

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                          Ugh, I fell asleep in a treestand 28' in the air about ten years ago and caught myself as I was falling. Been hyperly wide-awake in every stand since.
                          this is why we have installed old seatbelts on all of our tree and tri-pod stands

Comment

Glad your ok. Good reminder for everybody here. I gave up lock ons and ladders years ago after to many close calls. Got to have stairs now.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
                              this is why we have installed old seatbelts on all of our tree and tri-pod stands
                              That's a great idea, and way easier than the fall-protection harnesses.

Comment

I've had ratchet straps that hold tree stand to the tree break while I was at or near the top. Those were lives I would like to have back! Thankfully the stands weren't too tall and I just rode them down and jumped mostly to safety. I've since added chains at the top of my double stand and replace the straps on the others from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X