No announcement yet.

Axe throwing for fun and competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had an axe throwing competition at our Minnesota Tradional Archery Rendezvous last weekend. A guy who was throwing for the first time in his life beat out several very accomplished throwers to win the whole thing. Good fun!

Comment

Axe throwing is my fav activity with friends

Comment

Imagine what would happen if the wrong gun managed to talk to those axes.
        The amount of people that would die, especially with all that booze!!!
        Can't believe we haven't outlawed this to save lives.........

Comment

I was thinking this would be a fad, try it once but never again … but seems to be repeat customers

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Imagine what would happen if the wrong gun managed to talk to those axes.
            The amount of people that would die, especially with all that booze!!!
            Can't believe we haven't outlawed this to save lives.........
            The funniest thing / irony where we go is it's BYOB...no glass bottles allowed.

Comment

I threw one at my wife one time. She deflected it and scored with a frying pan

Comment

Sounds like a fun date night. Gonna axe my wife if she wants to go.

Comment

We use to get together our mountain man buddy and throw the tomahawk.
                  It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    A good friend of mine owns an axe throwing venue in Ft. Worth. It’s fun but a ain’t worth a darn at it.
                    Which one is it? A group of us from work went to one last week. It was a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                      Which one is it? A group of us from work went to one last week. It was a blast.
                      Lone Star Chop Shop on Bryant Irving.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                        This post is right on time, as I have been wanting to set up a target for casual knife and axe throwing for years. With the addition of a cabin in the woods on my place I am definitely ready to do this!

Any tips on target set up and economic weapon purchase would be welcomed. I am thinking that I would prefer to stay with an all metal design for durability.
                        I use doubled-up pine 2x12's for the target face and two 2x4 for legs - lean it against a tree.

You can get a throwing Tomahawk from Midway, Cabelas, etc for about $35 and Academy sells throwing knives.

With a cut-off wheel and a file you can make knives out of old mower blades or the dimensional steel sold at Home Depot & Lowes.

A big/heavy slot screw-driver makes a decent thrower too - just about any heavy-bladed knife will work but don't expect the handle to hold up long.
                        Last edited by mikebyrge; 08-02-2022, 03:31 PM.

Comment

One recently opened here in Seguine---"The Texas AxeHoles" I think it is called. One the south side access road of I-10 east side of Hwy 46.

Comment

Throwing axes activity is like a therapy for me. Perfect to get rid of annoying thoughts or anger. I did couple of times in a different places and at the moment even thinking for doing that at home. Of course i need to organize a safe place for such an activity an order a good axe. Just need to think how i can make it unreachable for the kids, cause not sure that mine are ready to play this kind of game.
                            Last edited by HappyMangle; 08-04-2022, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Do the stumps/targets have Biden, Pelosi, or Harris pics on them?

Comment

Working...
                              X