No announcement yet.

Our school is armed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish all schools were like this, and all schools only hired teachers and staff that don't have any problem with them being armed.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
      There are other means to take a person out other than a firearm. I’m not one bit against the second amendment or guns. I do know a fair amount of women/ female teachers that would give up there profession as to have to carry or use a firearm.i truly believe there should be 2 -3 people in a school trained to use deadly force.
      I have never heard of any school or district even making the suggestion of firearms carry being mandatory. Any carrying of weapons would be voluntary and in most cases would be part of the school marshal program. I believe in those cases the school marshalls (who are basically peace officers on the school grounds during an emergency) are anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        Awesome!! A step in the right direction. Hopefully they will continue with additional training needed for an active shooter type situation.
        If they went through the Texas school marshall program, they have two weeks of training dedicated mostly to responding to active shooters. That includes simulated active shooters scenarios sith simunition (paint rounds in 9mm pistols) and live fire training.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Large school districts never will until the Gov and Legislators amend the carry laws. Anyone who can legally carry outside the school should be able to carry inside the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Why would the larger districts need a new law?

Comment

Outstanding

Comment

Large school districts never will until the Gov and Legislators amend the carry laws. Anyone who can legally carry outside the school should be able to carry inside the school.

Large school districts have police on campus at all times, my particular school has a mini station with usually 4 police around continually…
              They also do active shooter training nonstop.

Comment

That sign alone will stop the vast majority of would be (COWARDS) school shooters. Well done!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  Why would the larger districts need a new law?

Because the liberal teachers and unions will never allow a Marshall program. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                    Large school districts have police on campus at all times, my particular school has a mini station with usually 4 police around continually…
                    They also do active shooter training nonstop.

So did Uvalde. How did that work out?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      If they went through the Texas school marshall program, they have two weeks of training dedicated mostly to responding to active shooters. That includes simulated active shooters scenarios sith simunition (paint rounds in 9mm pistols) and live fire training.
                      If this would allow teachers to open carry, I'd be willing to sponsor a few of our local teachers for the class. I bet if this were made public, the students' parents would come together to foot the bill for all teachers that wanted to take the class without a dime of federal, local or personal money from the teachers.

I'm sure I'll get some flack for the open carry part, but I personally feel like a shooter isn't even going to try to enter the school if sees every adult packing.

Comment

Rains ISD has been armed for 3 years. You need to get back on that school board. Roughnecks are falling behind.

Comment

Outstanding!!!

Comment

So did Uvalde. How did that work out?

Was just saying, wasn’t trying to argue. It appears quite obvious that Uvalde made some huge mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                              Was just saying, wasn’t trying to argue. It appears quite obvious that Uvalde made some huge mistakes.

Its mind boggling. I still don’t understand it. Ive seen poor leadership and Ive seen cowardice and dereliction of duty but nothing like that. Not one even stood up to the chief let alone took matters into their own hands.

Comment

Its mind boggling. I still don’t understand it. Ive seen poor leadership and Ive seen cowardice and dereliction of duty but nothing like that. Not one even stood up to the chief let alone took matters into their own hands.

It is simply appalling, I can not imagine being a parent having to watch the videos that have come out…

Comment

Working...
                                X