Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    I need your crystal ball!
    Looks to be a 135" 6.5 year old. I am thinking antler growth will decrease some from that age.

Comment

he's mature

Comment

For sure a mature deer. I really dont think he will get any better, but what would it hurt to let him walk and just see what happens. If he is still around next year shoot him either way.

Comment

I just do not see 5 and def not 6.5. Looks like a 4 year old. I would let him walk.

Comment

Depending on the status of your local whitetail population I would likely harvest that boy.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              Looks to be a 135" 6.5 year old. I am thinking antler growth will decrease some from that age.
              I need to get you to start scoring my deer for me. That deer won’t break 120”.

Comment

If he is in fact 5.5 or 6.5 yr old (which I don't think he is) I'd take him, I don't think you'll see much more growth after that, but I think he's a 4.5 yr old, and I'd give him another yr.

Comment

I'm not seeing 135" not even close....

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I need to get you to start scoring my deer for me. That deer won’t break 120”.

I agree with you after taking another look but you can leave the wise stuff out of it. This site has gone a ways off of what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He is probably as good as he will ever be. Choot 'em

Comment

Deer is definitely not a 4.5 year old. I would say 6.5 at least. Horns are eehh. Nothing to right home about. But if you have bigger 8s i would shoot them and let him find a doe or 2. Maybe he will find a really good doe. Just never no. But he is not young.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                          I agree with you after taking another look but you can leave the wise stuff out of it. This site has gone a ways off of what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I am pretty sure he was cracking a joke and not being a jerk. At least that is how I read it. Dont sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            Deer is definitely not a 4.5 year old. I would say 6.5 at least. Horns are eehh. Nothing to right home about. But if you have bigger 8s i would shoot them and let him find a doe or 2. Maybe he will find a really good doe. Just never no. But he is not young.
                            This ^. If you got a bunch of good 8 points let him walk. Can't hurt! You never know what he might do. I do know he won't get any bigger if he's dead though! I don't need a crystal ball to know that!

Comment

I don't see him getting any better than he is now especially with the rain we have had this year. 6 1/2 yr old -I doubt he will ever be a 135" buck

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
                                I just do not see 5 and def not 6.5. Looks like a 4 year old. I would let him walk.
                                I agree, I didn't see anything that said he was 5 or even close to 6. But I'm open to learning more about aging them on the hoof. So if someone can point out the signs they see that he's older than 4 I'd like to understand.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X