TPWD Whitetail Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
    Every hunt is an adventure in and of itself. You don’t have to kill to have hunted. It’s about what you enjoy, and learn from the experience. If you’re interested, do it.
    Sometimes I'd rather not kill, a lot less work that way. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
      Every hunt is an adventure in and of itself. You don’t have to kill to have hunted. It’s about what you enjoy, and learn from the experience. If you’re interested, do it.
      This, I have a lease, am fortunate enough to be able to afford any hunts i want to go on, however can't wait to get the email that my group got drawn! It's awesome and we bounce around the state seeing things that i wouldn't have seen and hunt places i wouldn't have unless drawn.

Comment

Not killing is more the rule than the exception for me.

Comment

I've been on quite a few drawn hunts. I've been fortunate to draw at least one hunt every other year. For the other years I have found a place that I have been able to get on as a standby

Some of the hunts have been great hunts and challenging. Others have been nothing more than hunting a campground. I have literally hunted next to a picnic table on one.

The bad part is some of the hunts I like to go on have reduced the overall permit numbers. This will make it more difficult to draw.

Just put in for one. You never know when you will be drawn. Pick the areas you would like to hunt in that you normally can't.
          My son and I drew Laguna Atasscosa last year and it was the first time for this area. This one has low permits and a high number of applicants. Probably will never draw it again.

Comment

Working...
          X