X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      I would think spoons being dished and made of metal would have terrible potential for ricochet injury with steel bb's

Have you tested it by shooting it with bb's?

I am with Lungbustr BB’s shouldn’t be intentionally shot at hard objects.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Sweet build, grandson is gonna love it !!!

Comment

Did you guys not notice that the spoons are hung on the rod so they will spin when hit? That takes all the energy so there’s no bounce back. Same concept as the spinning .22 targets that are safe absorbing 40 grains of lead traveling 1,200 FPS.

Comment

how cool!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

This looks great! He will remember this forever.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments and constructive criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Did you guys not notice that the spoons are hung on the rod so they will spin when hit? That takes all the energy so there’s no bounce back. Same concept as the spinning .22 targets that are safe absorbing 40 grains of lead traveling 1,200 FPS.
                      I sure did 22 lead bullets will flatten on a steel plate(unless it is a glancing or angled hit) expending a large majority of its energy a steel BB just bounces transferring its energy in a different direction

Comment

freakin awesome!

Comment

That took some time to build. Super cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            [/B]
                            I would set up little plastic army men in my sister's sandbox to practice my sniper skills.
                            We did the same as kids, but it was sandbox war.
                            My buddy would shoot at my army men and I'd shoot his, knock all your buddies men down and you won.

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                            I would think spoons being dished and made of metal would have terrible potential for ricochet injury with steel bb's

Have you tested it by shooting it with bb's?
                            I know the metal spoons will give the desired sound when hit, but bb's are occasionally going to be directed back at speed. I think the concern is legit.

Another good idea for bb targets is ice cubes.
                            They break like glass and get smaller by melting with each miss.

Great idea, your grandson will love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                              We did the same as kids, but it was sandbox war.
                              My buddy would shoot at my army men and I'd shoot his, knock all your buddies men down and you won.

I know the metal spoons will give the desired sound when hit, but bb's are occasionally going to be directed back at speed. I think the concern is legit.

Another good idea for bb targets is ice cubes.
                              They break like glass and get smaller by melting with each miss.

Great idea, your grandson will love it!
                              I agree that an occasional bb might bounce back, that is the reason he will be wearing shooting glasses, shooting under adult supervision. Heck we used to shoot them at each other in the late 50's........no eye protection.........different time/different world.

I've tried to make this as safe as possible, all firearms are inherently dangerous. If he gets hurt I have my daughter to deal with......yikes. Maybe I won't give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                                I agree that an occasional bb might bounce back, that is the reason he will be wearing shooting glasses, shooting under adult supervision. Heck we used to shoot them at each other in the late 50's........no eye protection.........different time/different world.

I've tried to make this as safe as possible, all firearms are inherently dangerous. If he gets hurt I have my daughter to deal with......yikes. Maybe I won't give it to him.

I think he'll survive. I also think once he runs out of BBs let him ride a bike without a helmet. If he gets thirsty let him drink water right from the water hose

The target is pretty dang cool and I want one!

Comment

Working...
                                X