No announcement yet.

Shoot through two hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot these 2 with one shot from a 30/30 with Hornaday leverevolution ammo. Thru the neck in one and in the head on the other. Both dropped in their tracks. Both were fairly small tho. About 60 and 70 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any update??? That’s a Hoss for sure!

Comment

I'm out.
        Guess they smelled me, been there regular every night.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think any of those with a bonded bullet would do it.

Comment

You’re not going to kill doubles on big hogs reliably. Mediums yes but 200# plus boar I wouldn’t chance it. Now last week I doubled twice with #4 buck at 25 yrds. But the bead on the head neck area and it’s lights out. Best hog medicine I’ve used.

Comment

Watched my son do it with his 3006 and hornady 165s. Ear holed a 245 lbs boar and high shoulder on a 145 lbs boar. Neither one of them took another step. After the shot he said I think I hit two of them. We could only see the big boar on the ground. As we walked up to track the second boar we notice it was behind the first boar.

Comment

Shot this big sow yesterday with the 458 socom and it put a massive entry hole in her on the run but no exit. Tough to shoot through a big hog!
                Attached Files

Comment

I’ve doubled twice on big hogs. One time was with a 30-06 & I was using a handload with the 168 gn A-Max.

Second one was with a .257 Roberts & a handload using the 117 gn SST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Appreciate the info.
                    If I can ever trick em into coming in when I'm there im gonna see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed 2 last spring with my .270 at about 180 yards. Regular old lead tipped Winchester ammo. First one ran about 20 yards and the second dropped right there.

Sooo... I'd say a .270 would work.

Comment

I can’t count the times of done it with a 6.5CM but any of the calibers you listed would do it. Just use a copper monolithic bullet.

Comment

Ive only been able to do it with arrows.

Comment

The pig in the picture you posted looks like a bar hog to me. No ears and a cut off tail. They’re usually thicker the boar hogs so I’d plan accordingly. Oh, and meat good!

Comment

I've done it quite a few times. The easiest way I've found is to put down a line of corn perpendicular to your stand, then they will line up perfectly along it eating for a multikill shot. Take your time and wait for them to line up perfect one behind the other while close to each other. Earhole the first one and two pigs should fall down.

Comment

I'll add that I've done this mainly with a .270 or 6.8spc haven't been able to get it through 3 hogs yet though..... probably will need a bigger gun or smaller pigs
                                I've actually got two pigs with one shot with a bow before but they were piglets.

Comment

Working...
                                X