High Fence Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCoop27 View Post
    Have any of you been on a high fence where the animals seems as wild as on a low fence? I hunted a 700 acre high fence and alot of the animals would just look at us as we drove around. Wondering what they are like on something bigger like 2k acres? Thinking about booking an exotic hunt but don't want something too easy.
    Then don't book with a high fence place, pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Most of those fences go up because they are tired of the neighbors killing anything that walks.

I’ve hunted some big high fence places. Just as wild if not more so than low fence.

I’ve hunted low fence that deer were like pets.

I’ve hunted small high fence that you’d be lucky to kill something on. I killed an axis buck at KJO (original place) and that wasn’t easy. That was 15-16 years ago.

The size of the fence has little to do with it to a point.

I will admit that after killing a true free range 164” deer with my bow I appreciate it a lot more. But I am certainly not opposed to high fence and will continue hunting them. Mostly for exotics. To each their own. Hunters need to support each other.
      I agree with this. I’ve hunted a 300 acre that was thick and it was tough Axis hunting. I’ve also hunted Blackbuck on a 800 acre place and you could pretty much walk out and take your pick.

And as far as the deer looking at you as you drive by. If they see the same thing all of the time they get used to it. We can drive the tractor or the Ranger by at deer 10ft away and they will just watch us. The second we start stopping they are gone. If we drive our trucks around they will bolt way before we get anywhere close to them.
      Last edited by bowaddict40; 10-17-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        I hunt predominantly on a 1000 ac high fence ranch, and the deer are just as spooky as a low fence place. There is lots of thick brush, and there are deer that we never see.

Now, the front porch deer...that's another story! No shooting allowed off the porch or in view of the front porch, and those deer get accustomed to eating the hand corn without being disturbed. They still are jumpy, but they get comfortable with us sitting on the porch enjoying them.
        This seems contradictory...

Comment

In before personal attacks and jabs begin.

If this thread comes to blows... I am on the lie fence guys’ team.
          Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 10-17-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Come on spike!!!

You were probably thinking to yourself. "You know...I haven't seen any threads on high fence and how hard deer are to hunt on them since I registered and I've been looking for a topic to start a thread about that nobody has ever discussed on here"........... so you let it fly.....

Well....I got a little news for ya! There are some subjects that have absolutely been beaten to death on this site that we can't discuss without everybody pissing in each others cheerios. You just posted about the number one sword fighting thread on tbh... Good luck to ya! Let the nut-kicking commence!!
            My man here! You can quit your day job and charge money for that kind of wisdom, therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, any of them.

Comment

Come on spike!!!

You were probably thinking to yourself. "You know...I haven't seen any threads on high fence and how hard deer are to hunt on them since I registered and I've been looking for a topic to start a thread about that nobody has ever discussed on here"........... so you let it fly.....

Well....I got a little news for ya! There are some subjects that have absolutely been beaten to death on this site that we can't discuss without everybody pissing in each others cheerios. You just posted about the number one sword fighting thread on tbh... Good luck to ya! Let the nut-kicking commence!!
              What's your opinion?

Comment

I think the OP mentioned exotics specifically.
                Personally never seen a tame axis in any of the dozen or so places I hunted. Fallow much less spooky. Auodad always seem ready to sprint.
                I've been on a couple places that were like grocery shopping with my bow. It was fun for what it was. Most have been hunts. But with high game populations.
                A couple I just felt ripped off.
                Go to London Oaks. You'll enjoy it and have to work for it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  In before personal attacks and jabs begin.

If this thread comes to blows... I am on the lie fence guys’ team.
                  Whats a lie fence guy. Is that the guy that shoots big deer on a HF place but tells everyone he shot it on a LF? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    What's your opinion?

My opinion is that the topic has beaten to death and I'm all out of give-a-s...

Comment

My opinion is that the topic has beaten to death and I'm all out of give-a-s...

Can confirm.

The possible scenarios are endless, making the possible opinions endless. And to many of the big opinions come from the inexperienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My opinion is that High Fence thoughts are easier to come by.

If the thoughts can't escape you, are you really trying that hard to think?

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                          My opinion is that High Fence thoughts are easier to come by.

If the thoughts can't escape you, are you really trying that hard to think?
                          Man what do you know about high fence and deer?!

Comment

I guess I should have been more specific with my inquiry.....

Comment

This is exactly why I stick to hunting a medium fence.....no controversy there whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                                Whats a lie fence guy. Is that the guy that shoots big deer on a HF place but tells everyone he shot it on a LF? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                                Oops... been a long day in stand... meant to
                                type “low”.

Comment

Working...
                                X