No announcement yet.

Heroin Addict Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sometimes incarceration is the only real option left...he'll make that choice himself at some point if not genuine.

Comment

Bit of an update..... sent him the numbers to these recommendations . Since he’s on parole he claims he can’t leave town and says nothing PO can offer will be helpful to him bc they will put him in a place full of drugs.

I thought a PO would agree to distant rehabs if they register and approve it.

Either he is truly locked down to the town, or he is lying and playing victim again.

Comment

Originally posted by Double C View Post
        Bit of an update..... sent him the numbers to these recommendations . Since he’s on parole he claims he can’t leave town and says nothing PO can offer will be helpful to him bc they will put him in a place full of drugs.

I thought a PO would agree to distant rehabs if they register and approve it.

Either he is truly locked down to the town, or he is lying and playing victim again.

He has access to drugs wherever he may go. Jails and rehabilitation facilities are full of drugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drug dealing should be a capital crime.

prayers for your family.

Comment

Hard to get your 100/day fix in jail if no family / friends are sending you $$$$ for commissary...I've spent a lot of time watching the various locked up / hard time shows & all the dopers complained about when being booked was not being able to avoid the dope sickness from withdrawal. Most are equipped to help addicts get through it w/ meds.

Comment

Cajun Blake helps with such things for a living, as I recall. Do not hesitate to send him a message.

I’ll be keepin a good thought for your family.

Comment

My wifes been to la hacienda twice now. And very recently. Not drugs, but alcohol. She did great while in there, but has come out both times and not changed a bit. Its completely up to the person to want it. Going to file for divorce on mon. She has torn our family to shreds.

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Prayers for your brother and everyone involved! Keep the Faith in the LORD!

Comment

I’m having this issue with my brother as well. Older brother. Not sure what advice to give being that mine won’t admit that he has a problem. All I can say is keep your head up. Like you, the worst part is seeing my parents go through this. Wish I could just smack him in the head and make him act right.

Comment

My honest opinion based on what Double C has shared .... sadly your brother doesn’t want to quit doing heroin and get sober Your family has spent thousands of dollars trying to help him, while offering support, tough love, and talking til your blue in the face. He’s been to treatment numerous times and knows how the system works. He knows the treatment terminology and what to tell the counselors. The end result is always the same; short term sobriety then he relapses and ends up back in jail. It’s a vicious cycle that takes a heavy toll on the family and loved ones, especially mothers.

IMO, continue to pray and offer support, but do not spend any more money trying to fix the problem. When your brother is “sick and tired” of being sick and tired perhaps then he will get serious about recovery. The addict has to admit that he/she is powerless and they have to commit 100% to getting help. Your brother’s previous actions of leaving treatment early confirm he ain’t ready.

I wish I could be more optimistic; however, I’m calling it like I see it after dealing with my own addiction for 35+ years. Your brother doesn’t have to go to the best treatment center in the country to beat addiction. He needs to do some serious soul searching and decide if he wants to live or die with a needle in his arm. This may sound harsh but it’s the reality of a drug addict. FYI I’m praying for him and your family. Feel free to PM if you want to talk

Comment

If your gonna help, for instance .. “I’m hungry “ then meet him at chipotle. If he needs money for a shirt for a job interview. Take him to the store and buy it. Keep the receipt. Everything is a way to get money. If he doesn’t want the meal it was a scam. Don’t get a gift card. They will trade it. Do not hand over money for anything.

McDonald’s and Starbucks have free WiFi. Guess what if your waiting for a call for a job wait all day.

It’s a tough spot to be in. But everyone needs to live their own life.

I’ve worked the dope game a while. Seen people neglect kids, job, family, work, everything to justify what they are doing along the way. It’s up to them.

He will wake up eventually. Don’t let it put you sleep while you wait.

Comment

I’m sorry to hear your family is dealing wit this awful stuff.When dealing with an addict your darned if yo do and darned if you don’t.As brought out just about every move they Mae is an angle for money so all you can do is give the basics if any thing food water clothing and some times it’s best to let them fall on there face.Ive tried to help several folks with addiction it’s a painful undertaking and sadly a lot of times there’s nothing you can do.ONE thing I saw that WORKED is Methadone or shall I say I’m seeing it in the process of working.I knew something was wrong with my girlfriend about a year ago she had an addiction in the past her mother had died and I saw some tell tell signs.She came to me one day in tears and confessed and begged me to at least help her get clean,she figured I was going to leave her.She had stolen from me and had wasted all her money,she was broke and highly in debt from the habit plus some other bad things.But she fessed up I had to at least try to help. Her doc suggested methadone apparently withdraws can be hard even fatal sometimes.She started Methadone 8 months ago and hasn’t done a drug since.It is a process that takes a while to complete and it’s good to have a doctor to help with psychiatric meds and physical issues too.Ive seen several people who wanted to quit start Methadone and it was like a switch to a new life.I can’t vouch for every one all the time but I’ve seen it turn people’s lives around and give them a leg up on this challenge.I feel your pain and will keep y’all in my prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                              I’m sorry to hear your family is dealing wit this awful stuff.When dealing with an addict your darned if yo do and darned if you don’t.As brought out just about every move they Mae is an angle for money so all you can do is give the basics if any thing food water clothing and some times it’s best to let them fall on there face.Ive tried to help several folks with addiction it’s a painful undertaking and sadly a lot of times there’s nothing you can do.ONE thing I saw that WORKED is Methadone or shall I say I’m seeing it in the process of working.I knew something was wrong with my girlfriend about a year ago she had an addiction in the past her mother had died and I saw some tell tell signs.She came to me one day in tears and confessed and begged me to at least help her get clean,she figured I was going to leave her.She had stolen from me and had wasted all her money,she was broke and highly in debt from the habit plus some other bad things.But she fessed up I had to at least try to help. Her doc suggested methadone apparently withdraws can be hard even fatal sometimes.She started Methadone 8 months ago and hasn’t done a drug since.It is a process that takes a while to complete and it’s good to have a doctor to help with psychiatric meds and physical issues too.Ive seen several people who wanted to quit start Methadone and it was like a switch to a new life.I can’t vouch for every one all the time but I’ve seen it turn people’s lives around and give them a leg up on this challenge.I feel your pain and will keep y’all in my prayers.

From my experience methadone is just one drug replacing another although with arguably less bad consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Till he hits rock bottom, his chances are zero, heroine/ opioids are tough to kick
                                Don’t help him one bit, he has two choices 1. Die 2. Admit powerlessness and seek a higher power
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X