Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

East Tx - Let’s do this! Who is in a stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Tx - Let’s do this! Who is in a stand?

Sat. Oct 17th. Weather will be cool (not too cold), bucks maybe locked down, but we gotta try. I am sitting on the edge of a good hardwood stand in the am. Going in blind.... today’s card pull reminded me that I always need to 2x check that the camera is on (we have all done it). I am representing north Polk County. Who else is going to be out in a tree in East Tx in the am?

I'm in, houston county for me. Hoping the action is better than last weekend, just wasn't much moving last weekend. Either way I'll be in the tree trying to make it happen if an opportunity comes my way.
    Good luck to all yall who are out there hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairieboy View Post
      I'm in, houston county for me. Hoping the action is better than last weekend, just wasn't much moving last weekend. Either way I'll be in the tree trying to make it happen if an opportunity comes my way.
      Good luck to all yall who are out there hunting.
      We are already winning... we are in the woods in the am. Good luck!

Comment

I’ll be in the gubmint woods, Houston county in the AM. I saw one deer in southern trinity county on my way in and none since then. Hopefully the deer sleep in tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be in the stand. Not the stand I want to hunt but I have a shooter her once in a while. Expect to see bucks but not terribly hopeful i will see a shooter. I am still 100 percent on seeing at least one buck every sit for the year .

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              I'll be in the stand. Not the stand I want to hunt but I have a shooter her once in a while. Expect to see bucks but not terribly hopeful i will see a shooter. I am still 100 percent on seeing at least one buck every sit for the year .
              I'm in the same boat I've seen plenty mature bucks but not the one I'm hunting. I did skim one last Saturday

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like we are going to have 55 degrees at kick-off time today.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB197926-A296-4FB3-946E-FC2B61956D2E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	24633662

Current situation.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9637AE79-D138-4386-8200-55A5A258E82A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	24633664

The set up. It’s a warm 55 degrees fellas. Not a hint of breeze. Feeder just spun. Appears corn thrown last night is gone. Who else is in a tree in East Tx?

Comment

Tyler county.
                        Got a couple shooter bucks in the area but mostly night activity usually another week or so before the boys get to cruising the woods all day in my area.
                        Might shoot a doe if given the chance but the wind is swirling like crazy.
                        Got 7 or 8 hogs in a trap to go take care of at lunch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pic of said hogs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy... I am right near Tyler County line and it’s still here. The slightest breeze went by a few minutes ago, but that’s it. Definitely going to be a cloudy one today.

Comment

Weather don't feel right here but I now have a mature 8pt in. Won't score and I'm not shooting but he's grown.

Comment

Working...
                              X