No announcement yet.

Outfitting a Gold Star kiddo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a nikon scope not in use at the moment but cant remember what the specs are. I think it is a monark 3 x 9 but I am on vacation for a week and can't check until i get home. If you can use it pm me and when I get back I will send it your way.
    Last edited by eagles405; 09-26-2020, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I have a set of Leupold bases for Remington and rings, but they’re 30mm.

Comment

PM me what’s needed. I’m not far. Ammo. Parts. Etc. I’d love to help the boy out.

Comment

In. Be nice if the kid could shoot something a little highr up the flavor chain than a blackie. (I didnt care for mine).

Comment

I’d be happy to have the kiddo out to our ranch to shoot a doe and as many pigs as his heart desires of that helps in any way...

Comment

Sent

Comment

Wow, you guys never cease to amaze me with your generosity. The offers of help have been overwhelming and I still don't know what my neighbor has recieved. I think I've pm'ed everyone who asked, but if I missed you, PM me. We have an action, barrel, bottom metal and enough money to buy a stock and trigger now. That's a complete rifle. I've had an offer for a scope rail and some rings, and many scope offers. I'll just have to sort through the offers to find what is compatible and the best match for this build. By the time this is all said and done, he's going to have a first class setup with a great rifle and scope. If we have extra, I'll get him a nice case for it, sling and cleaning kit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Update:

You guys are amazing. With your help, and that of some local folks here in the Temple area, we have met the goal and then some I think. Once we get it all put together, I'll get some pictures of it and the delivery if his mom is okay with his picture being taken.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                    Update:

You guys are amazing. With your help, and that of some local folks here in the Temple area, we have met the goal and then some I think. Once we get it all put together, I'll get some pictures of it and the delivery if his mom is okay with his picture being taken.

That’s great news, thank you for stepping up and helping him.

Comment

Update:

Awesome!!

Comment

Whew! What a whirlwind! We got this rifle knocked out just in the nick of time! Thanks so much to all who contributed. We ended up building him a custom Remington 700 with a Hart barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor, in a Grayboe stock with Seekins bottom metal. The War Machine sling was donated as well as the Vortex scope. After all was said and done, we ended up with enough money left over to get him a backpack, binos, cleaning gear, knives, a gun lock, 140 rounds of ammo and a few other items. I'll have more pictures once they all get downloaded and edited and whatnot, but here are some teasers. We gifted the rifle to him this morning and then spent a few hours on the range with him and several other kiddos, zeroing, adjusting, and just practicing. They're all ready for their hunts this season.

After seeing the rifle, the organization is trying to figure out how to build a custom for each kid they help. We figure, with the engraving, they'll never hunt alone as long as they take that rifle. They're looking to figure out some other fundraiser ideas. I suggested a reverse raffle, maybe a PRS type match, clay shoot, concert..... anything that will draw a crowd. The big money maker though, has been the charity auction they do each year.

Comment

Very nice rifle

Comment

That turned out awesome.

Comment

Awesome. Glad to be a part of it and look forward to him killing stuff with it!

Comment

Whew! What a whirlwind!
                                Thanks for taking the lead on this and following up with pics.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Working...
                                X