No announcement yet.

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No teal this weekend, but the resident geese look ready to get shot at.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
      No. Private land on the Rio Grande. Also will be chasing grouse too. Kansas will be a mix of private/public for ducks geese and pheasant.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
      Cool, what ducks do yall normally shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
        Cool, what ducks do yall normally shoot?
        Mallards, widgeon and Canada geese.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
          lol As long as the states above us freeze over it can be warm here. Got to find the ice line and hunt south of it. Thats where the mallards will be.
          We've got mallards, wigeons, teal , shovelers, redheads, pintails , canvasbacks, geese and some I forgot just lounging around right now waiting for water holes to dry up.
          I bet we don't have a warm dry winter but enjoy yours.

Any of you heading up to elk hunt, or deer, our waterfowl seasons open in some zones Sept. 26 in Wyoming, game bird license is $74.

We've had years in the past that all of our water was frozen before the Oct. opening day. This coming cool front will push our dove out for sure, happens almost every year the day or two before Sept.1.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            We've got mallards, wigeons, teal , shovelers, redheads, pintails , canvasbacks, geese and some I forgot just lounging around right now waiting for water holes to dry up.

Any of you heading up to elk hunt, or deer, our waterfowl seasons open in some zones Sept. 26 in Wyoming, game bird license is $74.

We've had years in the past that all of our water was frozen before the Oct. opening day. This coming cool front will push our dove out for sure, happens almost every year the day or two before Sept.1.
            One of these years when I cash in my antelope points my plan is to hunt antelope a few days then chase birds for a few days. Think it would be a really fun trip.

Comment

Man am i ready to shoot some rice rockets in a few weeks.

Comment

Just had to fly some drainage corridors pre Hurricane and noticed a handful of teal mixed in with all the whistlers.

Comment

With it being dry i was able to get some Millet in the ground yesterday in a duck pond that i havent been able to plant in a few years. Hoping it gets a good soak off the storm here in montgomery county. We dont get many teal around here but thats ok, i usually start loading up during the second split of big duck.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post

Ive hunted Antelope outside of Gillette several times. I never have thought about bird hunting while I was up there but wouldnt mind doing that one year.

Comment

Looking forward to following this thread. Love waterfowl and duck hunting. Just haven’t had the time in recent years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forwards to it.
                        It'll be my third year trying to figure out what I'm doing.
                        I've got all the gear (dekes, boat, etc), if someone wants to teach a rookie how it's done, let's go.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                          Looking forwards to it.
                          I've got all the gear (dekes, boat, etc), if someone wants to teach a rookie how it's done, let's go.

This will be my second season, I feel the same pretty clueless but have all the gear. Did ok last year but need to expand my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
                            Looking forwards to it.

Noticed your in Orange grove right by me shoot me a pm

Comment

Looking forward to it this year. Hoping to get a few teal hunts in, then off to North Dakota in October.Texas we will be on the coast and hunting cattle ponds.

Hoping for a lot of birds since Canada wont be hunted near as much. How do y’all think that will play into the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post

Hoping for a lot of birds since Canada wont be hunted near as much. How do y’all think that will play into the season?
                                Birds can be there ,but still have to get them to migrate down here. I don't think it will make much difference in what we see.

Comment

Working...
                                X