Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    He’s gone, but wasn’t “traded”.

What details are you seeing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

He was a free agent. There wasn’t a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        He was a free agent. There wasn’t a trade.
        On a minor league deal. No one would sign him to a major league deal. He’s invited to spring training so he could make the team. Good luck to LaPina!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          On a minor league deal. No one would sign him to a major league deal. He’s invited to spring training so he could make the team. Good luck to LaPina!

That’s ridiculous. His bat was a huge factor in the WS.

Comment

My understanding is he will be on the major league roster day one. The Marlins have two pitchers who are on the 40 man roster that will be placed on the IR list for opening day thus opening a spot for Yuli. Of course I read it on the internet so it has to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              My understanding is he will be on the major league roster day one. The Marlins have two pitchers who are on the 40 man roster that will be placed on the IR list for opening day thus opening a spot for Yuli. Of course I read it on the internet so it has to be true.

Well 40 man roster is not major league roster, and not sure how losing 2 pitchers makes room for Yuli on 26 man major league roster? I hope he is and plays great

Comment

Dominican Republic versus Venezuela on FS1 right now. Pena versus Altuve

Comment

Well 40 man roster is not major league roster, and not sure how losing 2 pitchers makes room for Yuli on 26 man major league roster? I hope he is and plays great

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

What’s your point friend?

Comment

What’s your point friend?

I guess we’ll see by opening day. He’ll be added to the 40 man and the major roster once a spot is cleared. Until then they could only sign him to a minor league contract.

Comment

The Marlins suck, don’t know how he could not make the roster, but no one else wanted him. He has a home in Miami, so I’m sure he preferred Marlins after Astros

Comment

The Marlins suck, don’t know how he could not make the roster, but no one else wanted him. He has a home in Miami, so I’m sure he preferred Marlins after Astros

Agreed. My point was that his signing a minor league deal was just a technicality. He will 100% be on the opening day roster.

Comment

Watching the Stros take on the Braves in Venice, FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
                              Watching the Stros take on the Braves in Venice, FL.
                              Nice! My son and family have been there a few days and are leaving tomorrow. Practice was closed this morning for some reason. My friend is also there. He has gone for 21 years in a row and said this is first time practice has been closed to the public? Did y’all bring mlb balls to try and get signed? Gates to practice facility should open at 9:30 tomorrow morning and you should be able to get autographs if interested. Balls can be bought at Rawlings store in West Palm if needed. If you have any questions I can probably answer them

Comment

Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Nice! My son and family have been there a few days and are leaving tomorrow. Practice was closed this morning for some reason. My friend is also there. He has gone for 21 years in a row and said this is first time practice has been closed to the public? Did y’all bring mlb balls to try and get signed? Gates to practice facility should open at 9:30 tomorrow morning and you should be able to get autographs if interested. Balls can be bought at Rawlings store in West Palm if needed. If you have any questions I can probably answer them

Thank you Billy that’s great info. I did bring two official baseballs. We just arrived in West Palm beach after spending a few days with my dad on the gulf coast. I was just looking online for the information and you are confirming what I read. Hopefully they will be practicing. We are going to 2 games here. I keep thinking it would have been better if the WBC wasn’t going, but that gives us a reason to come back. Not that I needed one lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X