Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    They resigned Brantley. He and Alvarez should eat up all the left field and DH at bats. Diaz is gone so the thinking is Hensley takes that job. Abreu has Yuli’s job, so if Yuli was signed it would be at the expense of Hensley or Dubon at this point
    Dubon is an infielder who has the arm for center field but he struggles to hit his own weight and he's a small guy. Maybe him and Hensley can fill the roll that Diaz had. Yuli's a better bat than both of them though.

Comment

DH is very full because Abreu should be getting some of those at bats as well. Yuli is really only viable defensively at a position other than 1b as an injury replacement. He isn't a defensive upgrade anywhere which makes it tough to carry him on the bench. Resigning him really limits roster flexibility.

Since they signed Abreu it became very unlikely. Signing Brantley was a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
        Dubon is an infielder who has the arm for center field but he struggles to hit his own weight and he's a small guy. Maybe him and Hensley can fill the roll that Diaz had. Yuli's a better bat than both of them though.
        I think Dubon sucks and doesn’t deserve a spot on roster. Dubon is making 1.4 million this year. How much does Yuli want, at least $5 million? Do you pay one of the last guys on your roster $5 million? I love Yuli and it ain’t my money. If Pedro Leon wasn’t hurt hopefully he would be the fifth outfielder and Dubon would be history. JJ Matajevic could also be in the mix as a backup first baseman/outfielder. Nice problem to have to pretty much have a set roster

Comment

I'm in for the repeat!

Comment

My wife and some girlfriends went to Brunch last Sunday at a fancy hotel near The Galleria. A little baby at the table next to them kept blowing kisses to them so all the girls started blowing kisses back. Low and behold the couple and the baby were Mr. and Mrs. Carlos Correa, lol. They all said he was very kind and cool. One of the ladies told him they missed him. I told her they should have asked if he had the name a good masseuse 😁
            Attached Files

Comment

Javier signs 5 yr extension taking him through the 27 season. $$$$ not released yet. New GM not wasting any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Javier signs 5 yr extension taking him through the 27 season. $$$$ not released yet. New GM not wasting any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                $64 million I just saw👍

Comment

Big ******* McCullers is hurt, hopefully not too bad. Hunter Brown should start the season in the rotation. FYI, next 3 games will be on tv

Comment

Big ******* McCullers is hurt, hopefully not too bad. Hunter Brown should start the season in the rotation. FYI, next 3 games will be on tv
                    Don’t sleep on them using Bryan (not José) Abreu in the rotation occasionally if need be. They apparently had some serious inquiries from other teams in the offseason and shot them down, quite possibly for this reason and in case Whitley keeps Whitley-ing.

Comment

Hurt, again? They should have cut their losses and traded him in the off season

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                        Hurt, again? They should have cut their losses and traded him in the off season
                        Can’t do that he is just starting year 2 of a 5 year $85 million dollar extension. Guaranteed money. Also, Dubon played at 165 lbs last year. He reported to camp at 190 lbs. They told him to beef up, he said he ate so much he was sick of food. Time will tell if it helps him or not

Comment

Can’t do that he is just starting year 2 of a 5 year $85 million dollar extension. Guaranteed money. Also, Dubon played at 165 lbs last year. He reported to camp at 190 lbs. They told him to beef up, he said he ate so much he was sick of food. Time will tell if it helps him or not
                          I’m gonna go with No on Dubon lol.

Surprise on McCullers (just kidding). But I am disappointed Yordan is still dealing with his hand issue. That should have been resolved in the off-season. Remember when he had trouble with his knees and hesitated to do anything other than rest? It didn’t work, he had surgery and was awesome after he finally got them fixed. I hope he isn’t being stubborn about whatever issue he’s having with his hands too

Comment

I think they're keeping Dubon because he's the only guy that has the arm for center field. Meyers hasn't thrown well since he got hurt and McCormick has an average arm. Dubon is a valuable guy that just needs to hit better.

Comment

Game starts at noon today. We will get our first look at Abreu. Also Billy Wagners son in on the roster today. Hopefully he gets in. Haven’t seen him play before, supposed to be pretty good

Comment

Is Wagner's son a pitcher? Wouldn't that be a big plus if he were a chip of the old block?!

Comment

Working...
                                X