• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Do what now?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Do what now?

Comment

I grew up watching Dad & most everyone else I knew yelling at the TV / rooting on the boys...watching Roger & the other iconic players back in those days stamped me a life long fan through thick & thin.

I too was irked how Landry was outed / dealing with JJ ownership, but doubt there is anything to dilute my enthusiasm, just like it would be impossible for me to ever want the eagles win a game even if was to help the boys for playoffs...I love dallas & loathe philly. Is what it is.

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
      I was a huge cowboy fan as a kid. I had a shoebox of trading cards that included every member of the 1972 Cowboys Super Bowl team. Mom threw them out when I moved away for college. I still wonder what they would be worth today.

As things progressed, I struggled when the Landry era ended and again when they hired Switzer (who I eventually liked thanks to the ticket). But once the triplets were gone and the glory years were over it became more difficult to remain a fan. College football moved from being an equal in my fandom to replacing the NFL as top personal sport.

I listened to the last Niners game on radio just so I’d know the talking points but that was as far as I got. I just can’t seem to muster enough interest to invest my time watching like a regular fan. In fact, I don’t think I saw a full game all season.

While I’m sure there’s room for me on the bandwagon if they ever became a legit contender again for now, it’s all just “meh”. I’d certainly be happy if they got another ring but I’m not sure that is even a possibility without major restructuring / change that won’t come as long as Jerry is above ground.

Meanwhile, I like to come here and read the thoughts from real fans. It’s too bad the haters have to come pee in the pool but that seems to be part of it these days. That’s why we can’t have nice things… like decent discussions about sports.

Oh well. That pee in the pool mentality spills over to a lot of my inability to participate. Sure would be nice if a correction came along but that’s about as likely as Dak with a superbowl ring.

Comment

Going out on a limb here and saying that the Cowboys are fixing to try and jump to the head of the pack and try and hire Sean Payton as head coach. Just a wild hunch but something big is about to come down.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
          Going out on a limb here and saying that the Cowboys are fixing to try and jump to the head of the pack and try and hire Sean Payton as head coach. Just a wild hunch but something big is about to come down.
          The only “big” thing around the cowboygirls nowadays is the sucking sound we all hear every year about this time. Bye now…….

Comment

JJ always tries to make a big splash shortly after the season is over right? Just seems like that would be something he would try and pull something out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
              Oh the drama. Dude everybody in the NFL works on their “ game” in the off season.

Comment

This a great read

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                  Why would the Cowboys give up a number 1 pick and 20 M a year for Sean Payton, he has less play off wins and regular season wins than McCarthy, does not make much sense to me.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I’m a redskins fan and listening to you fellas cry about Dak is amusing. I’d take him in a heartbeat, I think he’d be number 32 for the skins in the last ten years! He is better than half of the QB’s in the league, the grass is not always greener.

Comment

Dak is the perfect teammate. He looked like crap so his kicker wouldn't take all the heat. Did anyone really expect Dallas to move on in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                          I’m a redskins fan and listening to you fellas cry about Dak is amusing. I’d take him in a heartbeat, I think he’d be number 32 for the skins in the last ten years! He is better than half of the QB’s in the league, the grass is not always greener.
                          The foreskins can have him.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            Why would the Cowboys give up a number 1 pick and 20 M a year for Sean Payton, he has less play off wins and regular season wins than McCarthy, does not make much sense to me.

Yeah that sounds more like a Texans move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Cowboys finished T-5 in the league with the 3 other losers this week. So you could rank them 5-8, I guess. Dak is 8-14 in the league. He is slightly above average. That's all he is.

Fans demand few to no mistakes from players.

Slap on the film and there are numerous mistakes on every play by the several players.

I would like to grade #7 and #42 on defense. On offense all recievers except #88 and especially #86. All those guys are just as responsable for L's.

Fans want a Championship every year.

Each year there is only one Champion and the rest are bums.

I was bummed a bit. But onward to golf season.

Fairways and Greens to All!
                              &
                              Go Cowboys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                                The Cowboys finished T-5 in the league with the 3 other losers this week. So you could rank them 5-8, I guess. Dak is 8-14 in the league. He is slightly above average. That's all he is.

Fans demand few to no mistakes from players.

Slap on the film and there are numerous mistakes on every play by the several players.

I would like to grade #7 and #42 on defense. On offense all recievers except #88 and especially #86. All those guys are just as responsable for L's.

Fans want a Championship every year.

Each year there is only one Champion and the rest are bums.

I was bummed a bit. But onward to golf season.

Fairways and Greens to All!
                                &
                                Go Cowboys!!
                                Good point Dave .

Comment

Working...
                                X